Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
disabled plugins remain enabled

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

17 July 2010, 4:30

I have been configuring mahara on a windows server. All works well except that when I disable a plugin such as wall, myfriends, etc the plugin remains enabled despite showing as being disabled in the config section. is this a bug or am I doing something wrong.

What I really want to do is to disable students from being able to invite friends - at least to start with.

I have full admin rights on the server and on the Mahara install (Site and institution)

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

18 July 2010, 17:33

Hi Alex,

The friends feature is not a plugin.  It's part of core and can't be disabled in the UI.

You can disable blocktypes such as wall & myfriends, but that just hides these blocks on any view which contains them.

For the wall, that should be sufficient for you because I don't think the wall is accessible or even exists anywhere outside its block.

The Myfriends block is different -- it's just a way of displaying (in a view) information that's generated by actions (adding friends) outside the block.

R.

Craig Eves's profile picture

18 July 2010, 18:30

Hi Alex

It may not be possible to disable this through the plugins

It is possible to change each users Settings > Preferences > Friends control to Nobody may add me as a friend

This could be done by logging in as the person or changing the program code to set the default

The default is New friends require my authorisation which seems reasonable. This gives a choice of having to accept a friend invitation and also the option anytime to remove a friend.

regards

Craig

3 results