Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Switching admin users of course groups

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

07 July 2010, 2:46

Hi everybody,

is it possible to switch the admin of a certain course group somehow? We started working with course groups and are a little bit worried about what to do when the course group admin leaves the insitution. Even site admins can't switch the owner of a group, can they?

Regards

Alex

Account deleted

07 July 2010, 3:04

Just stumbled upon smth else:

I tried to announce a second course group admin for now  by clicking on "change role" in the member section of a course group. Unfortunately only site admins can be picked as course group admins. Can anyone explain this dependency?

thx Alex

Account deleted

07 July 2010, 16:58

Actually it's site staff who can be promoted to course group admins.  Only admins and staff can create course groups, which I think is good, but it may be that we should allow non-staff to administer course groups (at the very least we should explain the rules on the change role page).

There is also a new page coming in the admin area for the administration of groups, where new group admins can be promoted/demoted, and groups can be deleted.

Account deleted

08 July 2010, 3:37

Allowing non-staff to administer course groups would be really helpful. We've got quite a few student assistants as course tutors who shouldn't get site-staff permissions though. I'll file a feature request.

I'm looking forward to the group admin area. Seems like you guys are one step ahead ;)

thx Alex

Edit:

Feature request filed: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/603044

4 results