Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mahara hung on Performing Installation... page

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

02 July 2010, 15:00

Hey all,

So, I just installed Mahara on my server yesterday.

Server Info:

Windows server 2003

IIS 6.0

MySQL 5

PHP 5

I performed the installation using the installation page(http://wiki.mahara.org/System_Administrator%27s_Guide/Installing_Mahara)  and tried to use my judgement since I know Mahara doesn't officially provide support for Mahara.

I did not know what the equivalent is for the Apache Configuration step so I did not perform this step.

After making all the necessary changes, I went the mahara page.

I was presented with the Install button at the bottom of the page.

After clicking on this button, I was redirected to the /admin/upgrade.php page.

This is where the page hung.

There is a continuous spinning wheel on the information column of the first row.

In other words, the installation doesn't seem to be making any kind of progress.

I have tried to perform this installation twice.

The only difference being, the second time, I made a minor change to the code, taking it from http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=138.

// check to see if we're installed...
$scriptfilename = str_replace('\\', '/', $_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']);
if (!get_config('installed')
&& false === strpos($scriptfilename, 'admin/index.php')
&& false === strpos($scriptfilename, 'admin/upgrade.php')
&& false === strpos($scriptfilename, 'admin/upgrade.json.php')) {
redirect('/admin/');
}

Performing installation...

You must enable javascript to perform an install or upgrade.
Component or plugin From version To version Information
core Not installed 1.3.0beta1 Loading...

Edits to this post:

Account deleted

02 July 2010, 15:36

Going to the admin/upgrade.php again it is showing a message "Nothing to upgrade! You are fully up to date!"

The mahara/admin/ page is showing error at the bottom of the page.

[WAR] db (D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\mahara.php:1386) Invalid CRT parameters detected Call stack (most recent first): * log_message("Invalid CRT parameters detected", 8, true, true, "D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\mahara.p...", 1386) at D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\errors.php:446 * error(2, "Invalid CRT parameters detected", "D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\mahara.p...", 1386, array(size 4)) at Unknown:0 * strftime("%e %B %Y", 1278097024) at D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\mahara.php:1386 * format_date(1278097024, "strftimedate") at D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\registration.php:240 * site_statistics() at D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\admin\index.php:78 [WAR] db (D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\mahara.php:1386) Invalid CRT parameters detected Call stack (most recent first): * log_message("Invalid CRT parameters detected", 8, true, true, "D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\mahara.p...", 1386) at D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\errors.php:446 * error(2, "Invalid CRT parameters detected", "D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\mahara.p...", 1386, array(size 4)) at Unknown:0 * strftime("%e %B %Y", 1278097024) at D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\mahara.php:1386 * format_date(1278097024, "strftimedate") at D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\registration.php:240 * site_statistics() at D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\admin\index.php:78 [WAR] db (D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\mahara.php:1386) Invalid CRT parameters detected Call stack (most recent first): * log_message("Invalid CRT parameters detected", 8, true, true, "D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\mahara.p...", 1386) at D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\errors.php:446 * error(2, "Invalid CRT parameters detected", "D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\mahara.p...", 1386, array(size 4)) at Unknown:0 * strftime("%e %B %Y", 1278097024) at D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\mahara.php:1386 * format_date(1278097024, "strftimedate") at D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\registration.php:240 * site_statistics() at D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\admin\index.php:78 [WAR] db (D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\mahara.php:1386) Invalid CRT parameters detected Call stack (most recent first): * log_message("Invalid CRT parameters detected", 8, true, true, "D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\mahara.p...", 1386) at D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\errors.php:446 * error(2, "Invalid CRT parameters detected", "D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\mahara.p...", 1386, array(size 4)) at Unknown:0 * strftime("%e %B %Y", 1278097024) at D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\mahara.php:1386 * format_date(1278097024, "strftimedate") at D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\registration.php:240 * site_statistics() at D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\admin\index.php:78 [WAR] db (D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\mahara.php:1386) Invalid CRT parameters detected Call stack (most recent first): * log_message("Invalid CRT parameters detected", 8, true, true, "D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\mahara.p...", 1386) at D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\errors.php:446 * error(2, "Invalid CRT parameters detected", "D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\mahara.p...", 1386, array(size 4)) at Unknown:0 * strftime("%e %B %Y", 1278097024) at D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\mahara.php:1386 * format_date(1278097024, "strftimedate") at D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\lib\registration.php:240 * site_statistics() at D:\Inetpub_EXT\wwwroot\builder\mahara\admin\index.php:78

Also, none of the links in this page are working.

Iñaki Arenaza's profile picture

03 July 2010, 6:15

Hi Abhay,

This is a problem with strftime() support on Windows. According to PHP bug #49489 there are a number of modifiers that are not supported on Windows. %e seems to be one of them, and we are using it in $string['strftimedate'] language string (in langconfig.php). That's why you get the warnings.

You could edit .../lang/en.utf8/langconfig.php and change the line that reads:

$string['strftimedate'] = '%%e %%B %%Y';

to:

$string['strftimedate'] = '%%d %%B %%Y';

and see if that allows the installation to continue. I don't remember having a problem with this when I setup a test install on Windows, but then I did configure PHP not to show warnings or notices on screen (in case that makes a difference).

Saludos.
Iñaki.

Account deleted

06 July 2010, 2:48

Hey Inaki,

Thank you for your response.

I made the code changes and it no longer shows the error on the admin page.

However, all the links on the admin page are still inactive.

Furthermore, I continue to get the spinning wheel problem.

What would you suggest I do?

Mahara-screenshot

12 July 2010, 15:48

I don't know why it happens, but this happened to mee too twice (in two different unrelated installs out of several of them). I just hard-refreshed the page (pressing Ctrl+r in firefox) and everything went smoothly.

Have you tried this? (I know this is not a proper fix, but since I don't know why it happens it's pretty difficult to fix it for real).

Saludos.
Iñaki.

Account deleted

13 July 2010, 13:45

Hey Inaki,

Than you again for responding to my problem.

I tried hard-refreshing the page.

After refreshing the page(/admin/upgrade.php), I get a message saying:

"Nothing to upgrade! You are fully up to date!"

However, none of the links still work on the index page.

13 July 2010, 14:50

Abhay, can I access the page somewhere?

Saludos.
Iñaki.

Account deleted

14 July 2010, 16:29

Inaki,

Unfortunately, you cannot get access to the page since it's password protected.

I'll try and setup a test server so that you can get access.

I really appreciate this, man.

I'll get back to you soon.

Abhay.

Edits to this post:

Account deleted

14 July 2010, 17:44

I'm getting this issue too, but on Apache 2.2 and Mahara 1.2.5.

No errors in the apache logs

No errors in the mysql logs - about 86 table objects are created, and then it just sits there for well over 30minutes with nothing going on.

What is supposed to happen next? and how can I debug this to see where its hung up?

Account deleted

11 October 2010, 19:10

I am having the same problem. Using Windows IIS hangs on install. If I refresh the page, it says nothing to upgrade. Go to the home page and none of the links work.

I looked at database and 96 tables were created. I tried the renaming of the table to 1column and read everything available on this forum.

I have deleted and recreated database several times. Has anyone figured this out?

Thank you,

Marc

10 results