Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
XMLRPC Error

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

30 June 2010, 8:16

Hello

I am receiving the following error when I try to link Mahara with Moodle.

Sorry, you cannot configure Mahara networking because your PHP installation is missing one or more required extensions:

•xmlrpc

My hosting company responded with response below. Is there a workaround?

Hello,

I checked the code of the application. Apparently, it is checking for the presence of the experimental PHP extension xmlrpc:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/intro.xmlrpc.php

Unfortunately, it is not available on our servers due to the fact that it is still experimental.

My colleagues believed that you are referring to the XML-RPC library from

http://phpxmlrpc.sourceforge.net/

Most PHP applications are using that library, and it is usually shipped with the script itself.

You should check with the script vendor if using another XMLRPC library is possible.

Best regards,
Support

30 June 2010, 15:41

Dear Calvin,

I think there is no workaround. XML-RPC is a library needed to assure data tansfert between Mahara and Moodle or between Moodle and Moodle servers (mnet).

Sorry about that

May I suggest to change your provider. Yes I know it is a bit extreme but I think it is the only solution.

Regards,

-dajan

Account deleted

30 June 2010, 16:57

pretty strange response from your provider - xmlrpc has been bundled into PHP as of 4.1.0  - The Pear module was tried a while back, but wasn't initially succesful - I don't see this as being something we would spend any time on unless PHP decided to pull xmlrpc or replace it with something else. The XMLRPC ext is also required for Moodle and I haven't seen any complaints recently by users who can't use it because their hosting providers won't install it.

As dajan mentions - the best option is probably for you to change provider.

Account deleted

01 July 2010, 6:39

Thanks Dajan and Dan.

I will look into alternative hosting

Calvin

4 results