Forums | Mahara Translation

Translations /
Updated documentation for installing language packs

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

28 January 2009, 3:50

I updated the docs for installing language packs on the installation instructions. Given dataroot/langpacks is searched for language packs now, it doesn't make sense to list both methods of installing them.

Also, it used to list the old way of using $cfg->langpacksearchpaths, which I think has been confusing some users recently

Please update it if you see any areas for improvement. I kinda think it should be moved to the bottom of the instructions, i.e. after the installation has been run. Any thoughts?

Account deleted

28 January 2009, 5:39

Hello Nigel,

I have had a look to the wiki text. Yes, I think that there should be a section called "Installing optional package languages" or so at the bottom or the text, after reading the instructions for configuration. However I haven't changed the text until other members of the community give their opinion.

I will update the text in the Spanish wiki (we are still in the translation of the language package, I am afraid :-) )

David Mudrák's profile picture

28 January 2009, 6:39

Thanks for updating this, Nigel.

My +1 for the proposed changes. Yes, this should become part of standard installation procedure, or at least provide a link to a separate page.

Account deleted

28 January 2009, 18:56

Ok, I have moved the instructions to the end. I did some other minor tidyups too.
4 results