Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Integration Problem

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

28 June 2010, 14:55

Hi, I'm trying to integrate Mahara & Moodle. I made all the setup as the PDF said and everything looks good.

My problem is when I enter Moodle with any user (that is not in Mahara) and on "Mahara" link to start the SSO process, I'm jumping to my Mahara site and get the message "Sorry, could not log you in :(".

When I debug it I get this:

[WAR] 38 (api/xmlrpc/client.php:87) An error occurred at the remote server. Code: 500
Call stack (most recent first):
  * Client->send("http://www.mysite.com/test/moodle") at /home7/mysite/public_html/test/mahara/auth/xmlrpc/lib.php:118
   * AuthXmlrpc->request_user_authorise("8a6892171c85868b122f717003d0e25891895303", "http://www.mysite.com/test/moodle") at /home7/mysite/public_html/test/mahara/auth/xmlrpc/land.php:94

I double check the settings and install new certificates on both systems.
Mahara Ver 1.2.4
Moodle Ver 1.9.9+

Account deleted
Account deleted

29 June 2010, 2:30

I've tried this. No change.

Account deleted

29 June 2010, 16:08

what exactly did you try? - what version of libxml is running on your server? -have you tried upgrading to PHP 5.2.10 or higher?

Account deleted

30 June 2010, 5:26

This is my specifications:

PHP Version 5.2.13
libxml2 Version 2.7.6

Account deleted

30 June 2010, 13:54

Hi Dan :-)

I am Nadav and i am helping Nir installed and configure Mahara.

The configuration look ok when comparied to an old install of both systems

I have on a different server. we use Moodle 1.9.2 + Mahara 1.1

I see a lot of changes in the code, when compairing the auth code from the new versions to the old (working) version i have. so i am not so sure what could be the cause for that error message.

Are there any debugging i could turn on (inside the config file) to see more info on the Mahara side ?

Do you have a version recommandation for installing both systems ?

Account deleted

30 June 2010, 17:03

Hi Nadav,

I can't think of anything else specific that might be causing this sorry - as to versions - I have a Moodle 1.9Stable release and a Mahara 1.2 networked together working fine

Moodle 2.0 recently had some bugs preventing authentication from working but the post above mentions 1.9.9 so I presume they aren't related.

The paths posted in the initial post appear to be linux style paths so the windows bugs affecting the ability for openssl to find the openssl.cnf file are probably not valid.

you could try adding the openssl.cnf path to your moodle and mahara config files but I wouldn't expect that to make any difference. more info in this FAQ:
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Moodle_Network_FAQ#Moodle_doesn.27t_generate_any_keys_on_the_networking_pages

good luck!

Account deleted

23 August 2010, 10:42

Nir,

I'm havin the same issue after upgrading from Mahara 1.1. to 1.2.5.  Where you able to fugure anything out?

I'm running PHP 5.2.9 and libxml 2.6.30 on OSX.  I'm not even sure where to start looking for an issue.

Account deleted

16 September 2010, 7:23

Make sure your time synchronization is less than15 seconds different between the two servers.

9 results