Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Moodle 2.0 Mahara full integration

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

20 June 2010, 20:15

Hi all,

Tried setting up a Moodle 2/Mahara 1.2 integration the other day, and although the SSO worked fine, the hooks into the Repository API didn't work at all. After a chat with Julian on a different topic he mentioned that there are changes in Mahara that need to be applied before the full integration with Moodle 2.0 will work.

I'm dead keen to present this as part of a Mahara demonstration at the Moodlemoot in Australia next month and so would love to know whether patches are available which can be applied to a Mahara 1.2 install to make this all work, or if there is a 1.3 pre-release version floating about which would do the trick, and before I got the dev team to start digging I thought I'd get the latest word from the official source.

Anyone?

Account deleted

21 June 2010, 23:55

Hi Mark,

We don't have a beta release yet, but you can pull a tarball from here:

http://gitorious.org/mahara/mahara/archive-tarball/master

I haven't tried the repository API myself, but Penny has made all the necessary changes on the Mahara side and they will be in the next major release.

R.

Account deleted

21 June 2010, 23:57

Thanks Richard - just what I needed to hear!

Cheers,

Mark.

Account deleted

22 June 2010, 1:27

Mark,

Sorry about this, I seem to have spoken too soon, I'm not sure it's in Mahara at all yet.  I will speak to Penny, find out where we're up to and get back to you soon.

Richard.

Account deleted

22 June 2010, 17:48

Hi Richard,

Bugga. Hope to hear some good news soon, the Moot will be a huge opportunity to show off the new integration - fingers crossed.

Mark.

Account deleted

22 June 2010, 22:34

Well we've spoken to Penny, and the word is that the Portfolio API is all up and running and solid.  Unfortunately the Repository hasn't been merged in to Mahara yet, and is also currently broken on the Moodle side.

I've never used either myself, and I'm not at all clear on what they actually do, but it seems you will certainly be able to show off Portfolio API functionality.

It's still possible we'll have time to get Repository working by the time of the Moodle 2 release, or even earlier.

Account deleted

24 June 2010, 21:14

Thanks Richard,

Which version of Mahara has the current code for the Portfolio API? Can you point me to the documentation for the setup?

Shame to hear about the Repository API though...

M.

Account deleted

27 June 2010, 16:53

We've created a new unstable release (1.3 beta 1) which you can download from here:

https://launchpad.net/mahara/1.3

The latest code can still be pulled down using the link I gave earlier in this thread.

I'm not aware of any documentation for setting it up, and I've never set it up myself.  Penny may be able to help.  The development docs are here:

http://docs.moodle.org/en/Development:Portfolio_API

and from that page it looks like Moodle 2 should have a portfolio configuration screen somewhere in the admin area, probably separate from the SSO configuration.

On the Mahara side I'm not entirely sure, but my guess is that you'd just need to tick the "We import content" box in the XMLRPC configuration for your moodle 2 institution.

R.

Account deleted

28 June 2010, 6:46

Thanks for the help Richard - greatly appreicated :)

9 results