Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Plugin Wishlist

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

17 June 2010, 17:41

Just out of curiosity, what type of plugins would you most like to see?

Here are a few ideas:

1. Job Listings / Career Center
  2. Tasks / To Do List
  3. Classified Ads
  4. My Goals (more elaborate than the existing My Goals textbox, with steps to achieve goals)
  5. Questions & Answers (like Yahoo Answers)

I'd be willing to start developing some of these to share with the community, if someone else were to work on some as well. We really need to spur some plugin development here. Mahara has a lot of potential, but seems to be lacking in the third-party plugin development area.

I'm working off Mahara 1.1.8, though.  So, someone would probably need to make the necessary modifications to work with 1.2.

Anyone interested in developing some plugins with me?

Account deleted

18 June 2010, 0:36

Hello ,

I think enhance My goals plugin is more important  for learner.

I think we have to develop this plugin for learner.

I am interesed in developing the plugin  with your support.

Gregor Anželj's profile picture

18 June 2010, 1:42

Just a thought on how to implement Tasks / To Do List.

Maybe you could use my GoogleApps blocktype (http://mahara.org/view/view.php?id=11634) to embed your Google Calendar with tasks, appointments, ... to any of your Views.

Account deleted

02 July 2010, 17:00

Thanks Gregor. We are actually trying to avoid relying on any outside service, like Google, for such things. 

There definitely seems to be a lack of developers interested in plugin development. I've received messages from people saying "I want this" or "can you do this for me?", but nobody willing to put in the work themselves or collaborate. Oh well.

Gregor Anželj's profile picture

03 July 2010, 11:28

What did you have in mind for Task/ToDo Lists. If they should support only one users tasks they shoud be fairly easy to implement/develop...

Account deleted

04 July 2010, 16:23

Hi Gregor,

Stacey Walker from Catalyst is writing a simple to do list at the moment called "My Plans", I think it's pretty close to done.  You might find it useful as a base and you can get it from her public repo on gitorious if you want to have a look at it.

R.

6 results