Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Uploading files

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

26 January 2009, 13:57

Hi,

I have successfully uploaded JPG files, but when I try to upload *.doc, or *.xls files I get the following message- any suggestions ? I do not have a local version of mahara -therfore no administrator to contact - I just log onto the  mahara.org web site

Upload of techniqueEnduranceL2.doc to Home / Swimming sessions failed: You are not allowed to upload files of this type. Please contact your administrator for more information.

Account deleted

26 January 2009, 18:49

Hi, it looks like you've found a bug in the new filetype handling code in Mahara 1.1 - I'll file a bug for it. I tried myself and couldn't upload .doc files also, which isn't very desirable...
Account deleted

28 January 2009, 12:23

Have you had any luck sorting this problem, I had hoped to give a demo in a class tomorrow, but  not being able to upload MS files will make it a bit difficult .
Account deleted

28 January 2009, 12:31

OK see it is all fixed now, thanks
Account deleted

28 January 2009, 18:00

Hi - I certainly haven't done anything to fix it - maybe you used a different file or a different web browser to upload the file? So you still might have problems in your demo. If you remember what web browser you used, keep using that one, because the bug is a problem between certain browsers and Mahara at the moment.

Account deleted

09 February 2009, 10:14

Hi,

It's impossible to download a jpg file (but also png or tif format) with IE v6 /v7and mahara 1.1beta3/4 version -> Upload of XXX.jpg to Home /  failed: You are not allowed to upload files of this type. Please contact your administrator for more information.

Works fine with FF3, gif or MS type (.doc, .xls)

Jérôme.

Account deleted

09 February 2009, 12:18

I have found a similar "bug". I can upload a profile icon using Firefox 3 but not IE7.

I am working on a WAMP server with the suggested bug fix for adding mime type detection support for Windows.

Jonathan Smith

Account deleted

09 February 2009, 13:09

Hi, this bug is a known issue and is being tracked in bugs 3107 and 3049.

Unfortunately  this is one of the problems with trying out the development version of the software ;-)

Account deleted

11 February 2009, 8:22

Hi,

The problem is the mimetypes: IE7 declare an JPEG image like a "image/pjpeg"
This type is not declarated in image mimetype list.

I fix this bug, with one hack: lib/file.php

*** Original code:

function is_image_mime_type($type) {
    $supported = array(
        'image/jpeg', 'image/jpg',
        'image/gif',
        'image/png',
 );

*** Hack:

function is_image_mime_type($type) {
    $supported = array(
        'image/jpeg', 'image/jpg',
        'image/gif',
        'image/png',
        'image/pjpeg',
        'image/x-png'
);

Add 2 new types, and then, you can upload profile Icon, fron IE7.

Regards. 

9 results