Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Running html within a view

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

28 May 2010, 4:14

In one of our courses our learners are required to create/develop a web site. I was hoping we could get Mahara to be the container for this. I have therefore uploaded to 'My Files' a zip file containing their web site and unzipped it within Mahara. In order to run the web site from a view I tried to insert a "Some HTML" block to link to the Index.html file. However no html files show in the folder even though when viewed throuh 'My Files' the file is there. Does anyone have any advice on how I can acheive this?

Thanks

Kevin

Craig Eves's profile picture

30 May 2010, 17:58

Hi Kevin

This would be nice to get to work - the problem is that mahara uses numbers rather than file names to refer to the files

eg a file in the myfiles area has the link of

/artefact/file/download.php?file=1

An internal link is in the format of

/view/view.php?id=20632

I am not sure how you could automatically change the html to substitute the number instead of file name other than a bulk find and replace .

Others may be able to think of some tool that could automate this.

regards

Craig

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

01 June 2010, 0:06

Kevin,

You're not the only one who wants to do this but it's not currently possible, and I think we're unlikely to implement it any time soon. There's more on this in the following thread:

http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=1234

Yaju Mahida's profile picture

01 June 2010, 19:22

At our organization we have implemented a block to fetch, store and display information in a view from ePrints web application. ePrints is a digital repository where our academics deposits their research work.

For our implementation we have modified the External Feed block to fetch html content from particular web site. This is a hack of external feed block.

We have restricted this to particular web site (ePrints - digital repository) which can be easily removed and then it will be able to fetch any website and display it under view. It stores data in database and update this via cron task same as external feed.

If interested I will be able to give out this code. One needs to modify this for their implementation. Doesn't involve so much work for this.

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

02 June 2010, 1:26

Hi,

it would be very cool if you make your coding stuff available to the community ;-)

Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany

Heinz

5 results