Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Blank Screen after Log In

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

22 January 2009, 20:08

On a shared server.  Installed smoothly and we get the log in screen but after you log in the screen goes blank.  I have read other posts and:
 -there is no errors when viewing source code

-Checked php.ini and config.php (see below) and do not see any errors

- No base_Opendir statement in php.ini or config.php

$cfg->dbtype   = 'postgres8';
$cfg->dbhost   = 'pgsql301.opentransfer.com';
$cfg->dbport   = null;
$cfg->dbname   = 'cmsphel_mahara';
$cfg->dbuser   = 'cmsphel_admin';
$cfg->dbpass   = '********';
$cfg->dbprefix = 'cmsphel_';

Pointing to wwwroot

created uploaddir and kept permissions at 0777

Using Postgres8 but can use MySQL5.0.41

PHP5.2.3

PHP-4.4.7

Should I switch to MySQL?

I have installed Elgg but like Mahara's interface and setup much more.

Help! 

Account deleted

22 January 2009, 20:14

I am a peristent person.  I finally got an error.

Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0

Help Anyone? 

Account deleted

22 January 2009, 23:02

Hi - are there any errors in the apache error log? That fatal error can happen when there was an SQL error at the wrong time. If so, there should be a message in the logs about it.
Account deleted

23 January 2009, 12:29

Here are the logs and I  think the error of the Blank Screen after login.

------

n the error log you will see some error related to your register.php file.
[WAR] e8 (register.php:387)
Call stack (most recent first):
* log_message(object(EmailException), 8, true, true) at /hsphere/local/home/cmsphelpmd/mddiffdx.com/dx/lib/errors.php:90
* log_warn(object(EmailException)) at /hsphere/local/home/cmsphelpmd/mddiffdx.com/dx/register.php:387
* register_submit(object(Pieform), array(size 11)) at Unknown:0
* call_user_func_array("register_submit", array(size 2)) at /hsphere/local/home/cmsphelpmd/mddiffdx.com/dx/lib/pieforms/pieform.php:430
* Pieform->__construct(array(size 8)) at /hsphere/local/home/cmsphelpmd/mddiffdx.com/dx/lib/pieforms/pieform.php:170
* Pieform::process(array(size 8)) at /hsphere/local/home/cmsphelpmd/mddiffdx.com/dx/lib/pieforms/pieform.php:71
* pieform(array(size 8)) at /hsphere/local/home/cmsphelpmd/mddiffdx.com/dx/register.php:406
 --------------------------------------------

Register.php the culprit? 

Account deleted

23 January 2009, 15:24

Additional errors from log

* log_message(object(EmailException), 8, true, true) at /hsphere/local/home/cmsphelpmd/mddiffdx.com/dx/lib/errors.php:90
* log_warn(object(EmailException)) at /hsphere/local/home/cmsphelpmd/mddiffdx.com/dx/register.php:387
* register_submit(object(Pieform), array(size 11)) at Unknown:0
* call_user_func_array("register_submit", array(size 2)) at /hsphere/local/home/cmsphelpmd/mddiffdx.com/dx/lib/pieforms/pieform.php:430
* Pieform->__construct(array(size 8)) at /hsphere/local/home/cmsphelpmd/mddiffdx.com/dx/lib/pieforms/pieform.php:170
* Pieform::process(array(size 8)) at /hsphere/local/home/cmsphelpmd/mddiffdx.com/dx/lib/pieforms/pieform.php:71
* pieform(array(size 8)) at /hsphere/local/home/cmsphelpmd/mddiffdx.com/dx/register.php:406

Account deleted

23 January 2009, 16:24

Nigel, Thanks!  Your SQL hint sent me in the direction of dropping Postgres8 and setting up the dbf in

MySQL.  Worked like a charm.  No blank screens.  No loud screams!

Account deleted

23 January 2009, 17:22

That error happens when Mahara can't send e-mail - I'm surprised if that's related to the type of database you're using. But if dropping and restoring worked, then I guess there's no complaining Wink
7 results