Forums | Mahara Community
Blank Screen after Log In
22 January 2009, 8:08 PM
On a shared server. Installed smoothly and we get the log in screen but after you log in the screen goes blank. I have read other posts and:
-there is no errors when viewing source code
-Checked php.ini and config.php (see below) and do not see any errors
- No base_Opendir statement in php.ini or config.php
$cfg->dbtype = 'postgres8';
$cfg->dbhost = 'pgsql301.opentransfer.com';
$cfg->dbport = null;
$cfg->dbname = 'cmsphel_mahara';
$cfg->dbuser = 'cmsphel_admin';
$cfg->dbpass = '********';
$cfg->dbprefix = 'cmsphel_';
Pointing to wwwroot
created uploaddir and kept permissions at 0777
Using Postgres8 but can use MySQL5.0.41
Should I switch to MySQL?
I have installed Elgg but like Mahara's interface and setup much more.
22 January 2009, 8:14 PM
I am a peristent person. I finally got an error.
Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0
22 January 2009, 11:02 PMHi - are there any errors in the apache error log? That fatal error can happen when there was an SQL error at the wrong time. If so, there should be a message in the logs about it.
23 January 2009, 12:29 PM
Here are the logs and I think the error of the Blank Screen after login.
n the error log you will see some error related to your register.php file.
[WAR] e8 (register.php:387)
Call stack (most recent first):
* log_message(object(EmailException), 8, true, true) at /hsphere/local/home/cmsphelpmd/mddiffdx.com/dx/lib/errors.php:90
* log_warn(object(EmailException)) at /hsphere/local/home/cmsphelpmd/mddiffdx.com/dx/register.php:387
* register_submit(object(Pieform), array(size 11)) at Unknown:0
* call_user_func_array("register_submit", array(size 2)) at /hsphere/local/home/cmsphelpmd/mddiffdx.com/dx/lib/pieforms/pieform.php:430
* Pieform->__construct(array(size 8)) at /hsphere/local/home/cmsphelpmd/mddiffdx.com/dx/lib/pieforms/pieform.php:170
* Pieform::process(array(size 8)) at /hsphere/local/home/cmsphelpmd/mddiffdx.com/dx/lib/pieforms/pieform.php:71
* pieform(array(size 8)) at /hsphere/local/home/cmsphelpmd/mddiffdx.com/dx/register.php:406
Register.php the culprit?
23 January 2009, 3:24 PM
Additional errors from log
|* log_message(object(EmailException), 8, true, true) at /hsphere/local/home/cmsphelpmd/mddiffdx.com/dx/lib/errors.php:90|
|* log_warn(object(EmailException)) at /hsphere/local/home/cmsphelpmd/mddiffdx.com/dx/register.php:387|
|* register_submit(object(Pieform), array(size 11)) at Unknown:0|
|* call_user_func_array("register_submit", array(size 2)) at /hsphere/local/home/cmsphelpmd/mddiffdx.com/dx/lib/pieforms/pieform.php:430|
|* Pieform->__construct(array(size 8)) at /hsphere/local/home/cmsphelpmd/mddiffdx.com/dx/lib/pieforms/pieform.php:170|
|* Pieform::process(array(size 8)) at /hsphere/local/home/cmsphelpmd/mddiffdx.com/dx/lib/pieforms/pieform.php:71|
|* pieform(array(size 8)) at /hsphere/local/home/cmsphelpmd/mddiffdx.com/dx/register.php:406|
23 January 2009, 4:24 PM
Nigel, Thanks! Your SQL hint sent me in the direction of dropping Postgres8 and setting up the dbf in
MySQL. Worked like a charm. No blank screens. No loud screams!
23 January 2009, 5:22 PMThat error happens when Mahara can't send e-mail - I'm surprised if that's related to the type of database you're using. But if dropping and restoring worked, then I guess there's no complaining