Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Where do contact.php emails get sent to?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

26 March 2009, 23:50

I have tried to use SMTP server to send e-mail. But once again, Email from contact us still missing, not sent to admin e-mail. Other email system works..
Account deleted

27 March 2009, 1:06

When I see table activity_queue in database, i can see the entry with type '6' which contains the message i typed in 'Contact Us' link. I don't know what the correlation between contact us link with table activity_queue. What is the activity_queue table about?
Account deleted

29 March 2009, 22:13

It's the table that stores messages to be sent. Messages should only be in that table for a maximum of 5 minutes. If you can still see them after that time, it means that cron isn't working for you, and you should set up/check the cron job.
Account deleted

29 March 2009, 23:04

Yes, my messages still in that table until now. It means my cron job doesn't work, right? How to set up/check cron job? Sorry I am not familiar with cron job before.
Account deleted

30 March 2009, 0:11

The installation instructions have a section on cronjob setup - and there's detailed instructions in the troubleshooting section if you need.
Account deleted

06 April 2009, 0:01

I have already set my cron job like in Installation Guide. In my crontab, I have added line like this:

* * * * * www-data php /var/www/puslit/eportfolio/lib/cron.php

But my 'contact us' didn't sent. When I access cron.php manually, all email sent successfully. I check all procedures in troubleshooting, but still no solution for me. Any other idea how to check cron in my server?

Account deleted

06 April 2009, 2:08

hi Raymond,

So it's all working fine when you directly access the cron script? What method are you using to call the cron script?

to simulate exatly what that cron should be doing, you could

$ sudo su www-data
$ php /var/www/puslit/eportfolio/lib/cron.php

What is being output when you run that?

if you want to see what cron is generating, you can alwayspipe it into a file or an email:

* * * * * www-data php /var/www/puslit/eportfolio/lib/cron.php | mail -s "Mahara cron output" -e [email protected]

or 

* * * * * www-data php /var/www/puslit/eportfolio/lib/cron.php | /path/to/your/file

24 August 2010, 22:00

Hi Myles,

I have the same problem with cron job, My webserver is on Ubuntu 8.04 and Mahara 1.2.5. User received email-notification when I created them manually only. They didn't get email-notification for others (contact-us, register, forgot password, forum). I use manuall method :

: php /var/www/forum/lib/cron.php

and this what I got

[DBG] 0e (lib/cron.php:70) ---------- cron running Wed, 25 Aug 2010 09:48:33 +0700 ----------
[DBG] 0e (lib/cron.php:149) Running core cron activity_process_queue
[DBG] 0e (lib/cron.php:149) Running core cron import_process_queue
[WAR] 0e (lib/cron.php:167) core cronjob "rebuild_artefact_parent_cache_dirty" didn't get run because the nextrun time (2010-08-25 09:32:00) was too old (less than 1282703613)
Call stack (most recent first):
  * log_message("core cronjob "rebuild_artefact_parent_cache_dirty"...", 8, true, true) at /var/www/forum/lib/errors.php:111
  * log_warn("core cronjob "rebuild_artefact_parent_cache_dirty"...") at /var/www/forum/lib/cron.php:167

Is my webserver ok? or something wrong with the software?

18 results