Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Installation error

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

27 April 2010, 21:18

I keep getting this error every time i access the mahara installation right after accepting the GNU license. As soon as i click I Agree, i get this page. Any help??

Fatal error: Call to a member function read() on a non-object in /mnt/www/site.com/mahara123/lib/file.php on line 664

Account deleted

04 May 2010, 17:44

Yes, I had the same problem.  I ended up adding a line just before line 664 that checks to see if the $dir is indeed an object (if it isn't the read() function won't work).  So I added this below line 663

line 663: $dir = dir($dirname);

if(!is_object($dir))     {         

return false;     

}

This just checks if $dir is an object, if not it returns false.  Not sure what the intended solution would be though.

Account deleted

08 May 2010, 18:07

Thanks a lot Ted, That did the trick.

However, now i'm faced with a zillion errors showing up for register_globals and magic_rpc things being open. Although i created a php.ini file in the main installation folder and set them off, but it seems i have to copy that file into each and every folder in the solution?! and there's no debug flag or something to disable these noisy red and blue alters..

It seems Mahara is not built for shared hosting in mind. Especially if you intend to use the Solr Search Engine which is java based and requires root access to install. So i will do away with all this rubbish and rent an expensive cloud server to host the solution and install everything on my own. These problems wont be here then.

Regards,

-MA

3 results