Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Upgrade Problems


Mike Korn's profile picture
Posts: 51

26 April 2010, 3:29 AM

Hi All,

 

I am trying to upgrade 1.1.6 to 1.2.3 and get the following error when I go through with the upgrade:

Mahara: Site Unavailable A column of your database is using a collation that is not the same as the database default. Please ensure all columns use the same collation as the database.

I went thrugh the steps to convert the database to utf-8 as suggested but still get the same error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

anonymous profile picture
Deleted user
Posts: 1

17 May 2010, 10:56 AM

Did you ever find a fox for this problem?  We're having the exact same issue on our Mahara uprade (v1.1.5 to 1.2.4).  Very frustrating!!

Mike Korn's profile picture
Posts: 51

16 June 2010, 3:52 AM

Sorry for the delay - the answer is still no.

I tried doing an incremental upgrade which was working until I tried to move from 1.1.8 to 1.2.0. Got this error:

Could not execute command: ALTER TABLE "artefact_blog_blogpost_file" RENAME TO "artefact_attachment"
Call stack (most recent first):

  • execute_sql("ALTER TABLE {artefact_blog_blogpost_file} RENAME T...") at /var/www/mahara/lib/db/upgrade.php:909
  • xmldb_core_upgrade("2009022624") at /var/www/mahara/lib/upgrade.php:297
  • upgrade_core(object(stdClass)) at /var/www/mahara/admin/upgrade.json.php:

So I tried to skip 1.2.2 and got the original error of this post. Very frustrating and am ready to give up.

Did you manage to get any help?

 

mike

anonymous profile picture
Deleted user
Posts: 808

16 June 2010, 5:04 PM

Hi Mike & Greg,

Are you sure you changed every column of your db to utf8?  I had to do a conversion like that a while ago and can't remember the exact details, but I found some notes I made at that time which might be helpful, it's basically a matter of dumping the db, changing *all* the latin1 instances to utf8, creating a fresh utf8 db and then restoring into that:

1. Dump db.
mysqldump --user=root --password='xxxxxx' --host=localhost --create-options -c -e maharaDB > maharaDB.latin1.sql

2. Replace 'latin1' with 'utf8' in the dump file
sed 's/latin1/utf8/g' maharaDB.latin1.sql > maharaDB.utf8.sql

3. Create a new utf8 db
CREATE DATABASE maharaDB2 DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;

4. Load dump file into new db
mysql --user=root --password='xxxxxx' maharaDB2 < maharaDB.utf8.sql

5. Edit config.php to point $cfg->dbname at maharaDB2

 

R.

Mike Korn's profile picture
Posts: 51

17 June 2010, 2:52 AM

YES! Thank you Richard - worked like a charm!

Thanks so much.

Mike

5 results