Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Works but logs me out

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

22 April 2010, 10:28

I know this is mentioned in the wiki and common questions but I still can't figure it out. I am on a shared host but I was able to install it.

I did not create an alias, so unless my host did, that's not the issue --> is there a way to check if they did?

My data root in my config file seems to be correct. And if it wasn't wouldn't it stop the insallation? The data root folder has folderes in it and it ahs the permissions 777. I tried that code on my index but it displayed the file system path to my mahara install.. Ithought that command would give me my data root path to double check? the http://wiki.mahara.org/System_Administrator%27s_Guide/Installing_Mahara/Troubleshooting for option 2 of the logging out issue seems to confuse me.. is it saying the data root or the www root?

I checked in my database and wwwroot is correct.

I tried to connect Moodle and Mahara and when setting that up it asked me a few times to log in again but it didn't seem like as much as now (which is every time I go to a new page). I turned off networking and it still happened.

Another note is that when I go to certain pages - groups, settings it brings me to a Site Unavailbe telling me my data root is not writeable and to create the directory or give it permissions. But that folder already DOES have 777 permissions.

It's weird I installed it and some pages work and others don't. And the data root path had to be correct if there were folders created in them?

Are there any other places that path could be?

Thanks for any sort of help!

1 result