Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Reposting-Mahara Online Conference?

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

22 April 2010, 6:59

Hello,

Since most of the Mahara's Partners are in the Developers forum, I am just reposting here my previous post about organizing a Mahara Online Conference, like we did with the iMoot 2010.

"

Hello,

I collaborated at the iMoot 2010 as a presenter. I believe that the iMoot was  a success as well as a truly remarkable experience  (Julian Ridden is subscripted to this Forum, so he can comment on that better than me).  It also proved that the technology is now ready for a fully  web-based conference -even in Scotland :-).

Since we Mahara developers, translators and supporters are scattered all around the world, I wonder if it would make sense to have an online Mahara Moot, -something like the iMoot-, in which educators from all over the world could share their experiences, submit presentations, etc.

An online Mahara Moot would be affordable, convenient, participative, collaborative and most important: volcanic ashes-proof!

We could use Elluminate or DimDim as a video conference software, and maybe we could use some additional space at Mahara.org to host the conference site?. We used a Moodle site for the iMoot, but it would be debatable if the best website software for holding a Mahara event is a Mahara site

Would it make sense? Would any organization/university be interested in sponsoring the event?

Regards"

Althought at the moment our organization cannot commit to provide with any technical support due to economic limitations (like many of you, I imagine), I would like to ellaborate a list of members interested in the event as well as the kind of help they could provide (administration, operational, technical).

Please let my know, my email is mari.garcia.totnes (at) gmail .com

Regards

1 result