Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Need help for Core Plugin installation at the Mahara Project on Localhost

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

21 April 2010, 5:25

I need help for this. At 1st stage of the installation for my component or plugin, I keep waited for 4 hours for the 1st row installation called *CORE from nothing to version 1.2.4, and I couldnt waiting for it anymore, so I refresh it and clean all the cookies, then retry for installation after that the error pop up saying :- 

Could not execute command: CREATE TABLE config ( field VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, value TEXT, CONSTRAINT PRIMARY KEY (field) )ENGINE=innodb

Call stack (most recent first):

• execute_sql("CREATE TABLE config ( field VARCHAR(255) NOT N...", true) at C:\wamp\www\mahara\lib\dml.php:1385
  • execute_sql_arr(array(size 136)) atC:\wamp\www\mahara\lib\ddl.php:566
  • install_from_xmldb_file("C:\wamp\www\mahara/lib/db/install.xml")at C:\wamp\www\mahara\lib\upgrade.php:293
  • upgrade_core(object(stdClass)) atC:\wamp\www\mahara\admin\upgrade.json.php:93
Can someone help me on this..I'm having a bad headache for all this. I'm using Wampserver 2.0c.
thank you.
Account deleted

21 April 2010, 10:06

Hello Kenc,

I can see that you are trying to install Mahara in Wampaserver. I wrote the "How to install Mahara in Wampserver " section of the wiki, and once upon a time, I had the same mistake that you.

The installation gets stuck and you try to re-start it again, and that is when the mistake happens, as the database was already created.  If you are using just a development version of Mahara, for testing purposes, my advice is that you delete the database  and start from scratch.

Are you using Windows XP?  I had a similar problem trying to install Mahara on it. I can't remember now how I managed to solve it but in the Troubleshooting section of the "How to install Mahara in Wampserver", you will find some suggestions that may be of any help.

Regards

Mari

Account deleted

21 April 2010, 10:06

Hello Kenc,

I can see that you are trying to install Mahara in Wampaserver. I wrote the "How to install Mahara in Wampserver " section of the wiki, and once upon a time, I had the same mistake that you.

The installation gets stuck and you try to re-start it again, and that is when the mistake happens, as the database was already created.  If you are using just a development version of Mahara, for testing purposes, my advice is that you delete the database  and start from scratch.

Are you using Windows XP?  I had a similar problem trying to install Mahara on it. I can't remember now how I managed to solve it but in the Troubleshooting section of the "How to install Mahara in Wampserver", you will find some suggestions that may be of any help.

Regards

Mari

Account deleted

21 April 2010, 19:36

Hello Mari, 

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I try to install Mahara in Wampserver 2c. I've no idea whether the installation was stuck or else..cos I've waited exactly 4 hours just for the 1st installation for the core section. I dont know how long is the exact process of the whole installation. Actually I'm not a programmer nor web development engineer or etc. I tried to install everything from scratches for weeks starting from the difficulty of installation of Wampserver 2i. to 2c, and etc etc etc. I got a very big head now..lol 

I'm using window 7. 

Anyway, thank you for your help Mari. I'll appreciated it. 

Account deleted

22 April 2010, 6:46

I used Wampserver with Windows XP and Vista, and with the first one experienced the same problem that you mentioned for an earlier version of Mahara. I can recall that I solved it by installing a higher version of Wampserver.

I cannot comment on Windows 7 since  I "saw the Light" in my path and became an Ubuntu acolite Smile. I don t know if that may cause additional problems. The true is that Mahara has been designed to run on linux OS.

I would try a newer version of Wampserver, like 2.0h, to see if it works. Alternatively, if you have the possibility of choosing your OS (I had to use compulsory Windows in my previous job), I would try running it with Debian distributions, such as Ubuntu or Kubuntu. They are not as complicated as they look (I am not a programmer either), and will allow you to access plenty of good quality open source software. And you will forget about viruses. It is very easy to run a development site of Mahara in Ubuntu (I also wrote that bit of the wiki).

Maybe other comunity members may give you better advice about the problem you experience with Wampserver.

Regards

Mari

Account deleted

22 April 2010, 6:51

...By the way, I have just remembered, try this:

In the php.ini, increase the values of the following variables:

max_execution_time = 120 

memory_limit = 256M.

(just restart all wampserver services after that)

Account deleted

22 April 2010, 21:04

Hi Mari,

Really appreciated you help. Yes I did what you wrote on the wiki of the *how to install Mahara on wampserver*, it really help and the installation went very smoothly. :) 

By the way Mari, I'm just wondering whether Mahara can fully customize becoming more of less like Facebook or other sns ? 

Account deleted

23 April 2010, 12:48

I am glad that it helped. You can propose any improvements at the feature request:

http://mahara.org/tracker/

8 results