Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Post installation problem

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

16 April 2010, 6:11

Hello Everyone,

Now I know that this question has been asked before in the forums but I've tried some of the solutions suggested and they have either not worked or have completely destroyed my Mahara installation.

At this stage I have to declare that I am using a hosted server to trial Mahara so I understand this may affect any response you're able to give.

I am receiving the error message below and ones like it on every page.

[ENV] dd You have dangerous PHP settings, magic_quotes_gpc is on. Mahara is trying to work around this, but you should really fix it
[X]
Call stack (most recent first):
  • log_message("You have dangerous PHP settings, magic_quotes_gpc ...", 1, true, true) at /homepages/32/d219571812/htdocs/synkrony/mahara/lib/errors.php:123
  • log_environ("You have dangerous PHP settings, magic_quotes_gpc ...") at /homepages/32/d219571812/htdocs/mysite/mahara/lib/mahara.php:97
  • ensure_sanity() at /homepages/32/d219571812/htdocs/mysite/mahara/init.php:80
  • require("/homepages/32/d219571812/htdocs/synkrony/mahara/in...") at /homepages/32/d219571812/htdocs/mysite/mahara/index.php:32
I'm not sure what to do about this so any assistance you offer would be very gratefully received. Again I know there are other threads on this and solution offered in the troubleshooting section completely messed up my installation.
Thanks in advance.
Account deleted

19 April 2010, 5:54

I've finally managed to fix this issue by changing a single line of code.

The code is found in the config-defaults.php file and NOT the config.php file as stated in the troubleshooting section on this site. You need to locate this line:

$cfg->log_environ_targets = LOG_TARGET_SCREEN | LOG_TARGET_ERRORLOG;

and change it to:

$cfg->log_environ_targets = 0;

This solved the problem for me finally .
Account deleted

14 April 2012, 10:33

I tried following your instructions but still get the error message.

I am running Mahara 1.4.

Can I ignore the warning? Will it affect how the site runs? Is it a serious problem that needs to be addressed?

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

14 April 2012, 12:53

Hi Sandy,

The fix is easy and recommendded. The person with access to your server can do it.

This might help: http://php.net/manual/en/security.magicquotes.php

Cheers

Account deleted

25 May 2012, 13:20

Hi, thanks for the info, however, as a newbie this raises the question - what are the pages where this code needs to go into.

Account deleted

27 May 2012, 19:52

Marion you have not solved the problem, you have hid the error messages from sight and that means the probems are still there.

6 results