Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
installed language pack does not appear


anonymous profile picture
Deleted user
Posts: 9

14 April 2010, 12:19 PM

Hi,

I have installed a language pack as described here http://wiki.mahara.org/System_Administrator%27s_Guide/Next_Steps

But I still cannot choose another laguage now. There is no possibility to change the language on the login page nor in the personal settings within Mahara.

We are running Mahara version 1.2.2 (2009111007), and here's an extract of our maharadata folder:

brugger@forano:/var/maharadata$ l
total 36
drwx------  4 www-data www-data 4096 2009-10-18 18:29 artefact/
drwx------  4 www-data www-data 4096 2010-01-20 18:32 dwoo/
drwx------  3 www-data www-data 4096 2010-01-21 15:26 export/
drwx------  5 www-data www-data 4096 2009-08-24 11:05 htmlpurifier/
drwx------  2 www-data www-data 4096 2010-01-22 04:00 import/
drwxr-xr-x  3 www-data www-data 4096 2010-04-14 18:45 langpacks/
drwx------ 18 www-data www-data 4096 2009-06-23 00:01 sessions/
drwx------  4 www-data www-data 4096 2009-06-23 00:01 smarty/
drwx------  2 www-data www-data 4096 2010-01-20 18:32 temp/

 

brugger@forano:/var/maharadata$ l langpacks/
total 4
drwxr-xr-x 11 www-data www-data 4096 2010-04-14 18:45 mahara-lang-de/


brugger@forano:/var/maharadata$ l langpacks/mahara-lang-de/
total 36
drwxr-xr-x 6 www-data www-data 4096 2010-04-14 18:45 artefact/
drwxr-xr-x 7 www-data www-data 4096 2010-04-14 18:45 auth/
drwxr-xr-x 9 www-data www-data 4096 2010-04-14 18:45 blocktype/
drwxr-xr-x 3 www-data www-data 4096 2010-04-14 18:45 export/
drwxr-xr-x 4 www-data www-data 4096 2010-04-14 18:45 grouptype/
drwxr-xr-x 3 www-data www-data 4096 2010-04-14 18:45 interaction/
drwxr-xr-x 3 www-data www-data 4096 2010-04-14 18:45 lang/
drwxr-xr-x 5 www-data www-data 4096 2010-04-14 18:45 notification/
drwxr-xr-x 3 www-data www-data 4096 2010-04-14 18:45 search/

 

 

What did I do wrong?

Thanks for any help

Rolf

 

Heinz Krettek's profile picture
Posts: 480

14 April 2010, 12:40 PM

Hallo Rolf,

greetings from he Black Forest and the maintainer of the German langpackCool

Do you know about the group http://mahara.org/group/view.php?id=4

I will post a detailed answer about your questoin there.

Cheers

Heinz

anonymous profile picture
Deleted user
Posts: 228

14 April 2010, 1:21 PM

Hi Rolf!

I think you want to rename that directory to de.utf8 - this may have been broken since we moved to gitorious.

anonymous profile picture
Deleted user
Posts: 9

14 April 2010, 4:36 PM

Hi Penny,

Thanks for your hint. This is exactly the solution and everything wrks fine now! Should I make a bug report or request to update the documentation?

Thank you very muck for your quick help

Rolf

anonymous profile picture
Deleted user
Posts: 808

14 April 2010, 5:50 PM

Thanks Rolf,

We should generate the tarball with the correct directory name in it, but I'm not sure how to do that with gitorious yet.  For now I'll just update the wiki page.

R.

anonymous profile picture
Deleted user
Posts: 5

04 June 2011, 8:30 AM

I have the same problem i had already installed the spanis package in the mahara/langpacks dir and i can see the option to change to spanish in Site Options.

I have verified the permissions but nothing work, the page is still in English.

Mahara version: 1.3.6

Hosting : Bluehost

php version 1.5.

Anybody know if they are other solutions to try.

Heinz Krettek's profile picture
Posts: 480

04 June 2011, 2:36 PM

Hola

please try to comment 

line 925 in /lib/mahara.php  static $lang

This solved the same problem in my installation.

Cheers Heinz

anonymous profile picture
Deleted user
Posts: 5

06 June 2011, 3:36 AM

Hola, Heinz:

You are a genius,  It works !!!

Thank You very very much...


Juan

Heinz Krettek's profile picture
Posts: 480

06 June 2011, 4:53 AM

cool Cool

Heinz: You are a genius  !!!

Please give me details where to order this as a A0 poster Wink

Cheers

Heinz


anonymous profile picture
Deleted user
Posts: 3

02 February 2012, 9:42 AM

Moin moin, an alle Maharaner (sagt an das so?),

ich habe leider in meiner Maharainstallation ebenfalls das Sprachpaketproblem. unter \lang findet sich "de.utf8" direkt über dem Englischpaket. Die Dateien habe ich alle drin gelassen.

Meine Mahara.php Z 927 sieht so aus: static $lang;    //$userlang,$lastlang  sind gelöscht.

kein Erfolg nach Browserneustart und Cookieclearing.

 

In der config.php Datei habe ich geschrieben:

$CFG->lang = ´de.utf8´;

ebenfalls kein Erfolg, beide ösungen einzeln und miteinander ausprobiert. In der Siteadministration wird mir nichts zur Auswahl gestellt English bleibt "default". Wäre super wenn sich da eine Lösung finden lässt. Viele Erfolg beim Mahara Handbuch, das sieht schon richtig gut aut aus!

Michael

14 results