Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Users cannot upload files into group folders

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

13 April 2010, 5:18

Hi,

I encountered a somewhat weird problem. We use Mahara 1.2.3., SSO via Moodle. I created a group, my students got into the group successfully, everything looks just fine.

Now I want them to upload files into a folder I created in the group's file sections. They do get to the upload dialogue, upload starts - but then they get an error message saying "you do not have permission to add content to this folder". Folder permissions are set for members to be able to publish. I as administrator can upload without problems.

Any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Uwe

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

13 April 2010, 16:56

Hi Uwe,

Do the group members have 'edit' permission as well as 'publish' for the folder?  They will need edit permission to upload files there.  The purpose of 'publish' permission is just to control whether the user can add a file into one of their own personal views.

We did find a couple of bugs to do with group file permissions in 1.2.2, but they were fixed in 1.2.3.

R.

Sigi's profile picture

14 April 2010, 15:45

Hi Uwe,

http://mahara.org/artefact/file/download.php?file=52005&view=11939

I wanted to upload a screenshot into the group file folder here in MAHARA - but as an "ordinary" user I do not have the right. So I cretaed a view of my own, uploaded the screenshot into my files and put it in the view, so I could set a link in this editor. Just try whether it works that way ....and let me know.

Sigi

3 results