Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Notification doesn't appear after login

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

29 March 2010, 13:28

Hi,

i have installed Mahara. Most of the features work well. But there is a problem with the notification. For example when we get new messages from other user, or we are invited to join a group. Normally these notifications appear on our Home screen after login. But it is not.

We could see the notification by going to Setting --> Notification. But this is very impractical and nobody will notice it.

Any suggestion what could be the problem and how i solve it?

Thanks a lot.

Afrizal 

Account deleted

29 March 2010, 17:45

Afrizal,

You are correct - the latest version of Mahara (1.2) does not show notifications on the home, and there is no way to enable this. However, I have implemented this feature, and it will be included in the upcoming 1.3 release. The wait shouldn't be too long!

Cheers,

Evan 

Account deleted

30 March 2010, 8:19

Hi Evan,

Thanks a lot! that is really helpful information.

Btw, how could we actually upgrade the version of our Mahara installation? are we going to lose our data? 

Regards,

Afrizal 

Account deleted

30 March 2010, 22:10

Afrizal,

All updates to Mahara are in-place upgrades and should not cause any loss of data. Nevertheless, it is still always a good idea to maintain backups just in case!

Evan 

Account deleted

01 July 2010, 5:21

Hi,

i'd like to upgrade my Mahara to the new version. But i am not sure how to do it.

I have take a loot at the Wiki but it is not very clear or easy for me as a beginner. What to do exactly step by step? how we backup our data to save the content (groups, accounts, views, etc)?

I hope there is a step by step an easy instruction to do this.

Thanks!

afrizal

5 results