Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Installed but not working

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

17 January 2009, 19:38

I have just finished the install on my server and I'm seeing the Administration screen. But none of the links work, and I wasn't required to sign in to get there.

Any ideas? 

Account deleted

17 January 2009, 19:54

Additional info: Apache 2.2.10, PHP 5.2.5, Linux

Mahara 1.08 

Is it possible that the install was not complete? I would re-start if I knew how. 

And I'm very nervous that I can get to the Admin screen without signing in. Thanks for any help coming my way! 

Account deleted

17 January 2009, 22:59

Hi - are you using MySQL? If so, it's possible the installation did fail, leaving only some of the tables installed, which would be why the admin page is confused.

My suggestion is for you to drop the database and re-create it again, then visit the installer. Watch it carefully, if it gets to a point where either there's an error or the loading spinner keeps spinning for ages (longer than a minute), then you probably found an issue with the installing Mahara. At that point, please post any errors you can see, and any errors you find in the apache error log, here so I can have a look.

Account deleted

17 January 2009, 23:14

Thank you SO much. I just needed to get the install restarted. Deleting and recreating the db did the trick.

I had tried using a PostgreSQL db but I couldn't get it to connect. At least with MySQL I was further in the process. And now have an operating instance. Many thanks.

4 results