Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Artefact Plugin Development

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

17 January 2009, 5:47

HI THere! i've been doing a bit of testing on plugin development. Didn't get very far though.  Can anyone provide a really fast dotted steps to focus on developing plugins? Actually i am trying to replicate resume plug from the artefact folder. Done xml db schema modification, classes conversion blocktypeconversion and replicate the resume function into the lib directory. The installation fails on inserting the new blocktype and fails too the plugin checking functions. Tx ! Costa, Rome
Account deleted

20 January 2009, 2:18

Hi - sadly, there is nothing available yet Frown. I am trying to arrange time to write some, but there is a lot to do and only so many hours in the day!

It sounds like you've gotten quite far by yourself though. Exactly what errors are you getting now? We should be able to help you with specific errors, and also with any specific questions you have about making plugins.

Account deleted

21 January 2009, 5:15

Hi there Nigel!

Sorry for the error problem! Actually, always stupid errors! My IDE's fault! Actually I've managed to modify and customize the resume's artefact, actually quite simple. Also managed to clone the the blog artefact and trasform it into an agenda plugin. I have yet a lot of studying to do on the way u managed user access as i have to give acces to tutors to certain part of the resume and agenda as tutors have to be able to introduce lessons, conferences and other events into the associated students agenda. And I must compliment the quality of the code. About Documentation, well, guess u can use PhpDocumentor. Some functionality is commented.  Tx! Cost! Rome

NB If u will like to keep an eye on  the project let me know! i will send u more details.

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

21 January 2009, 7:34

Hi,

it would be great if you create a group where the community can give you assistance. The new group file area could be a good place to show others your work?!

best regards

Heinz

Account deleted

21 January 2009, 12:16

Hi Folks!

Just created Plugin Dev  group for plugin development, as you advised me. Created 2 folders, one for plugin examples, other for documentation or tutorials. I will try to create a tutorial myself at the end. Tx a lot Heinz, Nigel!

Cost! Rome

Account deleted

21 January 2009, 18:52

Hi, good to hear you've managed to get so far Cool. Hopefully we can improve the documentation side soon!
6 results