Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Europass plugin for Mahara

Gregor Anželj's profile picture

28 April 2010, 1:44

Could you be more specific - what exactly do you mean by: the error is generated on attempting to view the Europass CV (selecting the Europass tab).

Do you mean:

1. when you click Europass tab in Profile
  2. when you add Europass CV block, when creating a view
  3. or maybe sometnihg else...

I'll check the Export thing (when it stalls). Could you provide me your apache error log - maybe there are some useful hints about what is going on...

Regards, Gregor

P.S.: I didn't encounter any of these problems and I've also manuly added Richard's patches to add Emploery address and institution address functionality.

P.S.2: Another idea Geoff: Could you create a new (fresh) install of Mahara on a test server (say xampp or something similar), not add any data, install Europass plugin and report what happens? And if it doesn't work OK, could you then add some data and report again? Thanx

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

20 October 2010, 3:24

Hi

in my mahara installation following error appears if i try to use your plugin

Failed to get a recordset: postgres7 error: [-1: FEHLER: ungültige Eingabesyntax für ganze Zahl: »«] in EXECUTE("SELECT * FROM "artefact_europass_mothertongue" WHERE artefact=? ") Command was: SELECT * FROM "artefact_europass_mothertongue" WHERE artefact=? and values was ()

it happens if i try to add one of the blocktypes.

Cheers Florian

20 October 2010, 4:36

I think this was a problem some time ago - and I thought I've fixed it.

Have you added any mother tongue(s). If you haven't please do, and than try to use blocktype.

Please let me know it this fixes the problem, so I'll also fix it somewhere in code...

Regards,
Gregor

Account deleted

20 October 2010, 6:30

Hi,

no, i havn't

i am  not able to edit europass at the profil page too.

a mahara error appears:

"A nonrecoverable error occured. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system"

Regards,
Florian

20 October 2010, 7:30

I would need more data: which OS and webbrowser are you using. Version of your PHP (maybe also PostgreSQL), version of Europass plugin.

And it would be most helpful if you could get your web server's error log.

Regards,
Gregor

Account deleted

21 October 2010, 0:58

OpenSuse 11.2
Firefox
PHP 5.3.3
Postgres 8.4.2
Europass 2010091212

ErrorLog:
http://pastie.org/1237412

Thx for your Help

Regards,
Florian

21 October 2010, 4:48

I don't have the chance to test Europass plugin with PostgreSQL database.

Has anybody successfully used my Europass plugin with PostgreSQL database?

Regards,
Gregor

Iñaki Arenaza's profile picture

30 October 2010, 10:07

Hi Gregor,

I have just tested it. Plugin version 2010091212, running on Debian Squeeze with PHP 5.3.2 and Postgresql 8.4.5.

The plugin installs fine. But you get SQL errors when you click on Profile >> Europass, unless you have added at least one 'Education History' entry and one 'Employment History' entry under Profile >> My Résumé >> Education and Employment.

You also get errors on My Portfolio >> Export Europass, unless you have also added a 'Mother Tonge(s)' entry and a 'Other language(2)' entry under Profile >> Europass.

In all the problematic places you have code similar to this:

$artefact_id = get_field('artefact', 'id', 'artefacttype', 'employmenthistory', 'owner', $userid);
    $workexperience_list = get_records_select_array('artefact_resume_employmenthistory', "artefact=?", array($artefact_id));

The problem is, if we don't have any employment history entry (or education, or language, etc.), $artefactid will be 'false', as a boolean value (get_field() returns false if it doesn't find the record).

And when we pass that boolean value down to the DML database functions, it gets converted to something that doesn't look like and integer number[1], which is what Postgresql expects in that particular query parameter.

[1] Having a fast look at the adodb code, it seems it's converted to the string '0'.

So something like the following (totally untested!) could do the trick, both for MySQL and Postgresql:

$artefact_id = get_field('artefact', 'id', 'artefacttype', 'employmenthistory', 'owner', $userid);
    if ($artefact_id !== false) {
        $workexperience_list = get_records_select_array('artefact_resume_employmenthistory', "artefact=?", array($artefact_id));
    }
    else {
        $workexperience_list = array();
    }

Saludos.
Iñaki.

03 November 2010, 6:05

Fixed Europass plugin to properly work with MySQL and PostgreSQL database, thanks to Florian Eder and Iñaki Arenaza.

The new version of the plugin can be downloaded at http://mahara.org/view/view.php?id=11061.

Gregor

19 results