Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Migrating users between Mahara sites

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

14 March 2010, 22:32

Hi All,

I'm posting this looking for advice regarding migrating users from one Mahara site to another.

Specifically we need to migrate a subset of users from site-a to site-b, both sites are established and have active users.

Has anyone here had experience trying to do this? The LEAP2A export feature seems to be the only way to do this but lacks user specific information.

If anyone has any advice on this issue that would be appreciated. 

Account deleted

15 March 2010, 0:34

We had to do something similar recently, and ended up using LEAP2A import/export, and writing some scripts for the site admin to export and import users in bulk.

Our client (Auckland University of Technology) kindly agreed that we could add these scripts to core Mahara.  However they are still lacking in polish, don't provide a lot of feedback to the user, and we found that we had to export in groups of 100 or so users at a time --- so we haven't made the scripts accessible from the admin interface yet.  But if you use the latest code from the master branch you can go directly to these scripts via the urls admin/users/bulkexport.php and admin/users/bulkimport.php.

I hope you find them useful!

Account deleted

23 March 2010, 1:25

Excellent, thanks for that Richard, i'll have a look! :-D
3 results