Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
How to create a cert to link moodle running on IIS7

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

14 March 2010, 22:05

Hi there,

We have a server running OSX which we need to migrate to another server which runs Moodle 1.9.7 on Windows 2008, IIS7 with PHP5.3 via FastCGI, and MySQL 5.1

OpenSSL is running according to phpinfo but is this the best way to create a certificate for IIS?

In the production moodle system > phpmyadmin > moodleDB > mdl_config_plugins table > openssl_history / openssl > edit > I can see the current key algorithm, but on our test environment with different URL this is missing..

How do we create a key and assign it to moodle (and I guess later mahara)?

Would we still use openssl or should we get a public certifcate and paste the key with -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- etc etc
into the mdl_config_plugins table > openssl?

Also what causes the @@@@@@@@-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----  value to be populated?

We would like to do this on our windows server with a testurl.domain.com to test first then again to change to productionurl.domain.com when we are ready to actually perform the migration on production moodle site..

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

14 March 2010, 23:55

OK to answer my own question and for others that run into this problem you need to change the \moodle\mnet\lib.php code as here:  http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=110343

However I'm still not sure how we can test this from the mahara side... Looks like there could be problems with the keys there too...

Any suggestions?

I guess we could look to migrate mahara from OSX and postgres to Windows - but that I'm sure will be no easy feat, so if there are any other ways to test without breaking the live system that would be good

2 results