Forums | Mahara Community

Pedagogy /
Best way to follow about 80 students

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

12 March 2010, 11:54

One of our tutor needs to monitor 80 students. They need to create PDP about their placement and CV. However tutor found it very difficult to follow them everyday.

What are your proposition?

set the group  and students should submit their view fo assesment

or

add their Views to watchlist??

Thanks for any replies...

Account deleted

12 March 2010, 17:50

Hi Agata,

Interesting question, and perhaps one that needs more of a 'pedagogical' solution than a 'tools' one.  I hope I've interpreted what you're asking ok.

I think PDP's are more about a learner's forward planning, so should focus on targets, barriers to success, etc.  Daily monitoring seems a little excessive if this is the case, especially if it's by a tutor - what are you monitoring for?  More realistic seems to be the learner who monitors performance in view of their targets set and requests support if it's not going according to plan.  Key tasks, or milestones, could be presented by students using their e-Portfolio views, and can be more reflective.  This approach is something we've covered when developing our 'Personalisation of Learning' framework.  You could take a look at it on our website:

http://moodle.ulcc.ac.uk/course/view.php?id=139

Hope this helps,
Philip 

Account deleted

15 March 2010, 5:49

Thank you Philip. The link is very helpful.

Our students are on the fieldwork placement, that why we helped them to  create C.V. and then keep recording blogs.

3 results