Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Viewlists

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

09 March 2010, 11:06

Hi

How do viewlists work. I (as administrator) have added a number of views to my watch list, but never get informed of any changes to those views, is this what is supposed to happen? 

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

09 March 2010, 13:58

Hi Kevin,

you get informed if a view has been changed. Please control your Settings  / Activity prefererences. Here is a option for the Watchlist and how to handle these notifications.

HTH Heinz 

Account deleted

11 March 2010, 12:58

Heinz

Thank you but I cannot find the settings/activity preference you mention. Can you give me more details please.

Thanks Kevin

Account deleted

11 March 2010, 12:58

Heinz

Thank you but I cannot find the settings/activity preference you mention. Can you give me more details please.

Thanks Kevin

12 March 2010, 5:14

Hi Kevin,

step by step ;-)

Heinz

Account deleted

12 March 2010, 6:26

Thanks for that Heinz, however it doesn't really help me. All the activities are set to E-Mail. However the New Forum Post and Watchlist do not send mails. Any idea why this might be?

Kevin

Sigi's profile picture

12 March 2010, 9:11

Hi Kevin,

there is a bug in the code, Nigel sent me the fix:

Fix mysql bug in forum/topic subscriber query

I had the same problem and it was working after this bugfix... it's only a tiny mistake.

And it only occurs with forum entries as these are delivered with a delay. You may need too wait for the full hour to see whether it worked.

Good luck

Sigi

Account deleted

15 March 2010, 10:52

Thanks Sig, applied bug fix and discovered that cron jobs weren't applied properly. Thus all is now rosy in the garden and I have just received nearly 1000 emails

12 March 2010, 9:12

Hi,

which mahara version do  ou use? mysql db?

I read a thread that there are some problems with mysql settings and email sending.

Heinz 

Account deleted

12 March 2010, 10:45

Thank you Sigi, I will have a look at that I guess that if that does work it will work for the Watchlists..

Heinz, running Mahara 1.2.3, MySQL 5.0.75 and PHP v 5.2.6

Thanks

Kevin

11 results