Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Menu Options.......

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

09 March 2010, 9:16

Hello Again,

We have a few questions concerning the navigation function of mahara and we think we know how to do the following. We are currently breaking the logged in navigation apart to be more user friendly. We're currently working on having the Settings, Notifications, Admin, and Logout links in a different location. I believe to accomplish this we must do the following. 

1. Set up a new nav function in the web.php and then change the main navigation function to remove the links. Then change how the navigation works for logged in users.

2. Write some new css for the new nav. 

3. We would also have to change some of the files to reflect these changes. 

Hope that was understandable. It's easy doing then try to write it out. If I missed something please let me know. Also if you need clarification I would be happy to explain in depth. Thanks for any feedback in advanced. 

Cheers:)

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

11 March 2010, 13:30

I am updating this post in case anyone else may want to do this. It wasn't that difficult to do as I thought it was going to be. The steps below is what I did to move the links from the main navigation (sttings, administration, and logout).

1. I wrote some css to display where and how I wanted to display the links.

2. In the header file I removed those links from the main nav so, they wouldn't appear twice.

3. In the web.php file I removed the code for those links.

4. Again in the header file I added my new css and code. For the code to display the links for a user who is logged in, I just used a {if $LOGGEDIN} function.

Sorry if it isn't technical:) If anyone wants to know exactly what I have done, I would be happy to go in depth.

Cheers.

2 results