My Mahara Assessment

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

17 January 2009, 22:34

Yep, that's the one
Account deleted

17 January 2009, 22:52

Hi - all your files are private by default, which means that directly linking to artefact/file/download.php?file=XXX will only work for you (because you own the file), and site admins like me (because of being a site admin). I'm not sure exactly why site admins have the right to view files in this fashion actually, I might remove that ability.

To let people download it directly, you have to put it in a View that other people can access, then provide a link that includes that View, so Mahara knows how to check if people can see it. For example, linking to artefact/file/download.php?file=123&view=5 lets Mahara check if a) the file is in the View, and b) if the user can see the View.

Your report is in your profile view which is ID 308. Thus, everyone can see your report by visiting http://mahara.org/artefact/file/download.php?file=3416&view=308 Smile

Account deleted

17 January 2009, 23:48

Thanks for the kind words, but they are deserved.  I presented my findings this morning in my class at Harvard and my peers were very interested.  

This was my first class in educational technology at Harvard and was an excellent experience.  But my work - the many dumb questions I asked, the people I spoke with - were a fantastic experience.

Who knows, maybe I'll end up being your US Mahara partner?  Wait, I have to hit the lottery first!

Thanks everyone. 

Account deleted

18 January 2009, 21:10

Nifty all around.
Account deleted

29 January 2009, 19:40

I finished up my coursework for Introduction to Educational Technology at Harvard.  My class enjoyed the presentation and the faculty were smiling after it as well.  So I did pretty darned well.  Now If I can only get my organization to listen....
Account deleted

29 January 2009, 20:34

Nice one David, I hope they do!
16 results