Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Embedding issues

Cynds's profile picture

07 March 2010, 4:23

Thanx Chris for your reply but I still can't embed code. It sure is a handy thing to have. The students love it. There are no issues with the code and when I throw it into Dream weaver it works fine. I have tried it on 4 PCs and I come up with nothing each time. Its really puzzling me????????? Ive even got the techies involved and they cant even resolve this issue.

Please can somebody look into this. I would really appreciate any help

Sigi's profile picture

07 March 2010, 5:37

Hy Cynds,

I posted in the developer forum yesterday on the same problem:. Where did you first post on this as I can't find a thread on your post?

Do we have the same problem?

Sigi

Hi,

being used to the simple way of embedding anything into moodle  me and my students are really missing this feature in Mahara. There are so many great web 2.0 apps for learning and with the click of a mouse you can get them into your moodle . In Mahara this is restricted to just a few apps.(Is there a reason???)  Is there a way or is it planned to open up MAhara to all embed code? 

To illustrate just one of these apps, have a look here, where my students did brainstormng , I told them to embed it into their blogs to illustrate the further steps on the topic... when they reminded me again that it was not possible in MAHARA. 

If there is any possibility of adding the embed fature for all codes, please let me knoe- would be a big step forwards forthe students to open up their portgfolios for collaboration.

Sigi

Cynds's profile picture

09 March 2010, 4:11

Sigi

Thanx for the wallwisher . Sent a message for friendship. Keep in contact

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

07 March 2010, 6:26

Hi,

there is a function "html_purifier" which looks that there is no dangerous code in the embedded code.

HTH Heinz 

Cynds's profile picture

09 March 2010, 4:14

Thanx Heinz You are a saviour. Our techie is downloading a program that will do the job
anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

07 March 2010, 19:51

Cynds,

It's very dangerous from a security perspective to allow users to embed any code they like into a view. As Heinz mentioned, HTML is filtered before being accepted and included in the page. There are some exceptions set up for sites like Youtube, Google Video, etc. You would have to add additional filter exceptions for your users to embed code from other services.

Cheers,

Evan 

Cynds's profile picture

09 March 2010, 4:14

Thanx I appreciate your response
Sigi's profile picture

09 March 2010, 9:09

Hi Evan, 

people keep telling me  I had to add additional filters for purified html code... but could please someone give exact instructions on how to do so- would appreciate it very much. Thank you

Sigi

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

09 March 2010, 10:56

Hello Sieglinede,

here we go: http://htmlpurifier.org/docs/enduser-youtube.html

HTH Heinz

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

09 March 2010, 16:14

HI,

When I look at my Mahara instance, it says: "If you have downloaded a new set of HTML filters, you can install them by unzipping the file into the folder /home/efoliola/public_html/lib/htmlpurifiercustom and then clicking the button below"

So, is there a library of filter files we can just download as Mahara users?

I am specifically looking for a filter for picasaweb.com so slideshows can be embedded.  Or is there an alternative slide show method?

Thanks for any help!

13 results