Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Creating Q&A Plugin

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

03 March 2010, 19:32

Hi,

I have been trying to create a new plugin for Questions and answers for our site. I have tried a few different things and keep getting errors. So, I was wondering if I duplicated the forum plugin and allowed it to be accessed by everyone would this work? I would of course if to change the language and other bits of code to get to work properly. The first version doesn't have to be fancy or anything. Later down the road I will add voting and best answer. 

If anyone else has a way of creating a plugin like this please share. I am shocked about the limited documentation that is available for creating plugins. All is good though:)

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 March 2010, 16:34

You probably don't want to duplicate the forum plugin exactly, because it's maybe too extensive. You certainly do want an interaction plugin though, which is what the forum is.

I would have a read through the interaction base class, and start writing a plugin that implements all the abstract functions.  You can then build up the functionality you want as you get more understanding of how the interaction plugin API works.

2 results