Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Changing usernames in Moodle....

Howard Miller's profile picture

02 March 2010, 6:54

I am changing a number of usernames in my Moodle site by directly editing the database table. This is absolutely fine in Moodle...

but... these users may also be SSOing from Moodle into Mahara. I need to similarly update Mahara so  that their access is not interrupted and they do not loose their 'stuff'. They obviously have a username in the 'usr' table but it's also there in the 'auth_remote_user' table. What would be the safest way to achieve this?

I tried simply changing the remote username field for a test user in the UI but it did nothing (they could no longer log in with their new ID). 

Any help much appreciated.  

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

02 March 2010, 21:19

Great question as I had to deal with something similar a week or so ago. I wanted to 'attach' a LEAP2A file to an existing moodle user who was already linked to another Mahara, which of course I failed at. I ended up creating a new user in Mahara by importing  a LEAP2A file from an external Mahara and then enabling 'copy view' for all the views. I would then go in as the moodle/mahara user from the moodle and copy the views I had enabled. Once done, I deleted the importet LEAP2A user. Not entirely relevant, but close...Cool 
2 results