Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
new install using windows server

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

01 March 2010, 10:25

Firstly, has anyone successfully used Mahara on a windows server?  We are trying this, and basically seems ok. However, on site, things ok, outside of the college, i can't see the login boxes, so can't login. Any ideas?
François Marier's profile picture

01 March 2010, 18:34

Hi Simon,

The wiki has some basic instructions for setup under Windows:

http://wiki.mahara.org/System_Administrator%27s_Guide/Installing_Mahara/Installing_Mahara_in_Wampserver

Your login box problem is interesting. It kinda looks like the javascript doesn't make it to the clients outside the college. Are the browsers (or the college firewall?) blocking  Javascript by any chance?

Francois

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

02 March 2010, 3:26

Hi Simon

I've recently installed Mahara on a Windows Server 2003 server using TheUniformServer WAMP server. Everything worked smoothly from within our LAN. Mahara is published outside our LAN through a rule on our Microsoft ISA Server. I had to do lots of tinkering with ISA Server to get Mahara working correctly. I don't remember having a problem with the login box but had to enable link translation. I also had configure ISA server to apply link translation to text/plain MIME documents as this isn't the default setting, and Mahara makes callbacks to the server for data which are returned in a text/plain response.

Sorry, I can't answer your question directly but it may give you a direction to help your troubleshooting.

Regards
Regan

3 results