Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mcauthentication

Ali Hastie's profile picture

01 March 2010, 6:32

Hi

I have just found out from a member of our staff that one of our Mahara installs is allowing users creare an account without using a password, The user will type in abcd for example within the username field and leave the password blank. This in result creates a user 'abcd Mcauthentication'.

I have noticed in the institution settings the authentication methods include both 'none' and 'internal' but I am unable to remove 'none'.

Any ideas?

Ali

François Marier's profile picture

01 March 2010, 20:56

Hi Ali,

What version of Mahara are you using?

On the latest development version, if you go to:

Site Administration

Manage Institutions

Institutions

(click Edit next to your institution)

Then you can find a list of auth plugins which are active and there's a little clickable X next to them to remove them from the list.

Cheers,

Francois

Ali Hastie's profile picture

02 March 2010, 5:17

Hi Francois

Using v1.2.3

Ah! I forgot to mention within my first post that I tried your solution and came up with a message stating: We can't remove this auth plugin, as its being used by some users. You must update their records before you remove this plugin.

Thanks,

Ali

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

21 April 2015, 21:19

Hi guys.

Please help, I am also experiencing the same problem of the MCAuthentication, however my institution have only "Basic LTI" as an authentication method used and not the "none". i am using Mahara version 1.10.2. Your help will be highly appreciated. 

Regards

Siboniso

4 results