Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Text Box Resize

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

22 February 2011, 15:35

We also use the fix on FolioSpaces and have found it really good. Occasionally I have had an experience when the drag feature has 'stuck' but very rare, and easily resolved (kill the page).

Regards, Ian

Wullie's profile picture

07 September 2011, 6:53

Richard,

Your comment indicates that the workaround was supposed to make it into 1.4, but I don't see it. Am I missing something or did it not get included?

If not, will the patch for 1.3 work for 1.4?

Thanks

Wullie's profile picture

07 September 2011, 9:03

Richard,

I had a look at the patch code compared to current files and looks like the code is included, but I can't see what you click on to expand the box.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Don Presant's profile picture

07 September 2011, 10:58

If it's working, the bottom right corner of the text box will have "wrinkles" in the grey border. Click and drag outward to expand.

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

07 September 2011, 17:25

Wullie, there are two different workarounds that do slightly different things:

1. Thomas's change to lib/web.php (theme_advanced_statusbar_location: "bottom", theme_advanced_resizing : true) makes all the tinymce editors resizable by dragging the bottom right corner; and

2. The textbox block configuration form (which contains a tinymce editor) can be made to fill the browser window by adding $cfg->blockeditormaxwidth into config.php.

You may want to change both.

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

07 September 2011, 18:07

Hi,

you can also add the following lines. Works very well in many browsers and accross a variety of screen sizes.

$cfg->blockeditormaxwidth = true;
$cfg->blockeditormaxheight = true;
$cfg->blockeditorheight = 550;

36 results