Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
InnoDB tables

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

22 February 2010, 14:09

Is there anyway around

"Mahara requires InnoDB tables. Please ensure InnoDB tables are enabled in your MySQL server."

My hosting company does not support InnoDB

François Marier's profile picture

22 February 2010, 18:26

Unfortunately, we don't support non-innoDB tables at this time. You might be able to add support for it yourself if you are a PHP developer, but I would personally recommend looking for a different hosting company if you can.
Account deleted

23 February 2010, 0:46

Moving to another server is not even close to being an option.

I guess I will have to continue  working with Joomla and Moodle until I can give mahara a try

Account deleted

23 February 2010, 18:29

you may find that your webhost is able to do the hard work for you - why don't you ask them if you can be moved to a server that supports innodb? - most shared webhosts have more than one server - tell them you want to use an application that requires innodb or postgres and see what their response is!

Good luck!

Account deleted

14 December 2011, 4:01

Hi,

I run a mahara 1.4.0 site on a shared hosting for several months (with Mahoodle sso). Il was working fine yersterday but today I have this message :

Mahara: Site Unavailable

Mahara requires InnoDB tables. Please ensure InnoDB tables are enabled in your MySQL server.
Can someone help me to solve this problem?
Cheers, Franck
Account deleted

14 December 2011, 16:45

Hi Franck,

It would appear that something has changed with the MySQL server that your database is on. Could you ask the hosting company if they've reconfigured or reinstalled the MySQL server recently, turning off InnoDB accidentally or otherwise?

If they have and are not able to work around it for you, then unfortunately you might need to look for a host that can provide what you need.

Good luck,
Melissa.

A post by Account deleted was deleted

7 results