Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Blog delete

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

22 February 2010, 9:04

I love Mahara and find different uses for it everyday, but I have one issue: When a user deletes a blog there is no confirmation, such as, Are You Sure You Want Top Delete This Blog?,. is there any chance of adding this at a later version?

Thanks

Kevin 

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

22 February 2010, 9:26

Hi Kevin,

I just tried to delete one of my blogs here in mahara.org. If I click the button "Delete" I see a little window "Are you sure you want to delete this blog? 

Which version do you use? 

Heinz 

Account deleted

22 February 2010, 11:21

Hi Heinz

We are using v 1.2.3 and do not get any confirmation of deletion. The blog just disappears. This is the only area it happens, when deleting other things such as views the user is prompted, but not Blogs. Have checked with different browsers and it is the same situation.

Thanks

Kevin

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

22 February 2010, 13:11

Hmmm,

Richard any ideas? I tried it on my private site and see an

eWIEsion Mahara: Site unavailable

A nonrecoverable error occured. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system

Account deleted

22 February 2010, 18:03

Kevin,

Thanks for that. I agree, there should be some kind of warning or confirmation when a user tries to delete a blog. If you could file a new bug report at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+filebug that would be great!

Heinz, mahara.org (somewhat ironically) isn't running the latest Mahara, so it's possible that this was an existing feature that went missing, or was removed for one reason or another. That error message is strange though - might be a separate problem altogether. Feel free to file a bug for that one too - there might be some helpful information in your logs.

Cheers,

Evan 

24 February 2010, 1:56

Hi Evan,

|| mahara.org (somewhat ironically) isn't running the latest Mahara ||

On that subject, I would appreciate, and I think I am not the only one, that mahara.org upgrade soon to 1.2. 

The community is creating a lot of information and material on mahara.org and we still have no opportunity to save/restore them with the 1.2 import/export feature for example.

Mahara.org upgrade should be one of the keypoint in your road map.

Keep me posted about that.

Regards,

-dajan

Account deleted

23 February 2010, 18:42

I've filed a bug for this and added the feature. It will be included in the next release of Mahara.
7 results