Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Europass plugin RC2

Gregor Anželj's profile picture

22 February 2010, 8:24

Patches, updates ... Release Candidate 2 for Europass plugin is ready. I want opinion and feedback from the Community. Thanx!

More info and download at http://mahara.org/view/view.php?id=9797
anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

22 February 2010, 8:37

Hello Gregor,

Thanks for this. I have more time for Mahara now, so I will start looking into your pluggin and possible translation into Spanish in the next weeks.

Regards

Mari

Account deleted

22 February 2010, 9:26

Hi Gregor Thanks

OK Testing in Chrome:

http://phuketict.com/epo/ Click on those Example Views and you can see the results.

•  View 16 EuroPass CV shows only the left side from the header nothing else (same problem as before)
  • View 17 Looks fine Euro pass Language Passport - but on the top have a look "rder="0"" I guess this does not belong here
  • View 22 the translated Version to German doesnt show anything on Mother language, other languages
  • View 21 combined View looks great with the language boxes
  • strange Views 25, 24, 20, 19, 17 have also problems in the header. It looks like your template is overwriting something and a closing tag is missing. When I deinstall your artefact it is gone. There is no real logic in what gets displayed in wrong or forgotten code, when I reload I sometmes get other wrong code showing up strange! i.e View 20 - first time Thread> , after reload only >, after reload nothing, after reload - Perhaps it is a caching Problem that those templates get overwritten in cache with a delay.

OK Check in FF 3.6
  •  View 22, 17 doesn't show Name, mother tongue, mother languages - strange as Chrome the name is showing up! Also the complete Pass is actual missing!
  • View 16 shows a bit more than in Chrome but actually no information. Only Understanding speaking writing Table Header
  • all headers eem to be OK here mo wrong coding visible.
  • Interesting in FF also is a javascript Problem as nothing in those Histories is folding up

IE 8 
  •  same Problems like in FF but additional:
  • View 21 Other language Box is cracking the 3 column Template, actual the other language box displays in all brothers fine over the width of 2 columns which makes the look nice (if you don't fill the third column on the same height as the Other languages stuff ;-) But IE8 has problems here
  • Javascript conflict like in FF

Safari 
  •  same Problems as in Firefox but Javascript is working and records fold expand and close correct

Oper 
  •  same Problem like in IE8 also the 3column overlapping box Problem
  • but Javascrip exand closs is working

PDF Export can't be displayed in Adobe Reader newest Version!
Same Problem in other Export formats, not sure why, I guess the encoding or language is wrong it should be utf8_general_ci 

I guess it is not only a Browser Problem or an Extension Problem perhaps it is also some core stuff which needs to be fixed to get the stuff working in all browsers - if you need something to test let me know!

You can test yourself

Thanks for your work Andi and let me know if I should test again something

Andi 

23 February 2010, 3:39

Andi, logged to http://phuketict.com/epo/ and entered some fake info about myself to My Resume and Europass.

Created three sample views, called:

All went well, everything shows up (I used FireFox 3.6). BTW: only you can access/see those test views.

I don't know, why are you having those troubles. Can you try to create those views again.

Also: go to administration and install new blocktype for showing individual field from Europass (your request also?)

The export also works OK, no troubles at all...

23 February 2010, 3:19

Mari, please wait a couple of days to straight out the things that Andi pointed out. The Spanish translation is approx. 90% done, since I used the official Europass strings that were already translated to Spanish.

I'll send you that version od Spanish translation to verify and translate the missing strings.

Regards, Gregor

Heinz Krettek's profile picture

23 February 2010, 6:46

Hi Gregor,

please mail striinge for a translation to german langpack version?!!

cheers

Heinz 

23 February 2010, 8:02

Please give me a couple of days... I was already thinking to ask you, to check the german translation.
Heinz Krettek's profile picture

23 February 2010, 10:42

Hi,

CoolWink

Account deleted

23 February 2010, 12:34

OK, That is fine, Gregor.

I need to know more about the Europass first myself.

23 February 2010, 8:04

Please don't use Europass RC2 plugin. Founded a bug (nothing to do with security, just with showing the right data...)

Currently working on removing the bug and Europass RC3 should be ready in couple of hours or so.

Thanx, Gregor

10 results