Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Tell us about your Mahoodle install

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

01 June 2009, 2:40

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know I installed Mahara on my Moodle server, and everything seems to work just fine.

This is my system:

- Ubuntu server 8.10
- Moodle 1.9.5 (build 20090524)
- Mahara 1.1.3 (2009022610)

I first tried the "apt-get" magic from ubuntu, but that didn't realy work out....

So I downloaded Mahara from the Mahara site, unpacked en installed. Then I followed the pdf mentioned above.

Now I have a working Mahoodle! The screenshots in the pdf are a bit outdated but I understood what they wanted to say.

So thanks a lot for this product and your support forum. I am sure that I and my school (600 moodle students and 100 moodle teachers) will find a use for Mahara.

Also thanks to Koen Roggeman who is translating Mahara into Dutch. This also works like a dream.

Account deleted

06 February 2011, 3:49

I have the same problem with Moodle 1.9.9 on Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) PHP/5.2.17-0.dotdeb.0 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8g.

Can you tell me more details how to solve the problem?

Account deleted

01 August 2009, 23:10

I have my Mahoodle up and running.  It was a real headache, but worth it.  I used a shared host - Host Gator- and they were a big part of the successful project.  Their customer service and support has been wonderful!  I'm excited to implement it this year.
Account deleted

14 September 2009, 9:30

Hi Julian, everybody. :)

We have been using Moodle since forever and we're totally happy with it. We're just starting to use Mahara to compliment it. We have development and production installs of Mahara running on dev and live servers (in fact the live Mahara install is also our test virtual server), but for now it is being used in a one-year limited-users trial, to be evaluated at the end of the academic year with a view to rolling it out en-masse if the trial goes well.

I guess at the moment we're not too sure what ePortfolios are about, other than everyone's talking about it, so we'll see what benefits it brings us.

P :)

Account deleted

14 September 2009, 17:09

Good to hear - the Pedagogy forum discussion might give you some ideas of what you can do with Mahara from an educational perspective - the students will figure out the social side all by themselves Wink. Though if you hint to them that they could use the groups to manage any clubs/teams they have, that might get 'em interested a bit more (e.g. First XI soccer team) Cool
Account deleted

17 October 2009, 13:05

hi,

been running moodle as part of my maths abd scienc e lessons.  hosted on godaddy for the past few years,  heard of mahara managed yo install but no xmlrcp so upgraded to virual dedicated hosying 1 hour ago,, worked out the themeing stuff ,, all good but boy hasro it been a learning curve this weekend.. 

currently have nearly 4000 subscribed users ..............kinda explained why the site was slow!)  at least i know where to get the wweb stats f rom now!!

woo hooo its saturday night na ddid someone say party??

Account deleted

07 November 2009, 9:09

ok so to update installed 1.1 networked to moodle installed on new dedicated server wprks a peach.  the decided to install beta so no probs with transfering 4,000 users in future.. works a peach.. had to do some stuff with server learnt putty and ssh commands (more new stuff) works a peach.  no transfering original moodle (not experiemnatl version that i been tinkering all in all works a peach..

Life is like a box of fruit!

Account deleted

08 November 2009, 18:04

Good to hear you're doing well - always pleases me to see people doing better when they use a VPS Wink
Account deleted

02 December 2009, 6:34

My mahoodle is working perfect. For now :) May users login on moodle with ldap account and automaticly they are in mahara for portfolio. Just dont know how secure is the comunication betwen moodle and mahara. 
Account deleted

15 March 2010, 15:09

Hi,

It's pretty secure actually. MNet uses an encrypted xmlrpc transport layer.  Messages between Moodle are both encrypted and signed, using normal open ssl. This is the same technology that is used for https.