Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Upgrade to 1.2 browser problems

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 February 2010, 10:19

Hi

Is there anything different in the way that Mahara 1.2 works with browsers that is different to previous versions. We have just upgraded and found that views cannot be edited/created when using Firefox but are fine in Internet Explorer??

Also we are unable to put our own theme in. We had a theme of our own running before the upgrade but when copied across it does not work or is not recognised, in fact none of the themes are running when selected from the  drop down box in the configure site page, for example selecting Sunset from the drop down theme selector, saving and then logging back in does not change from the default theme, am I missing something? Do I need to add a reference to other themes in another file somewhere

Look forward to your responses.

Kevin

Account deleted

15 February 2010, 11:07

OK, just upgraded to Firefox 3.6 and it works fine with the views.

Still have the same issues with themes though, grateful for any advice.

Thanks Kevin

Account deleted

15 February 2010, 16:30

Hi Kevin,

We want Mahara to work with your old version of Firefox too!  Can you be more specific about the problem with the view editor? Can you think of anything that would allow us to reproduce the problem here?

Unfortunately all custom themes developed for Mahara 1.1 will have to be substantially rewritten to work with 1.2.  There are some notes about this here:

http://wiki.mahara.org/Customising/Themes/Migrating_themes_from_1.1_to_1.2

I am not sure why the Sunset theme would not be working though, I haven't seen that problem before.

Account deleted

16 February 2010, 7:52

Hi Richard

Regarding the Firefox problem, I don't how you could reproduce the problem. All I can say is that prior to the Firefox upgrade (previously 3.5, now 3.6) when I went to edit a view, there was no problem, but then when I pulled an artifact into the view the little box did not appear to snap the artiact to, hence a view could not be created or edited, and when adding a file or a blog the navigation box did not come up that allowed you to select the blog or file. Thats about as much as I can tell you I'm afraid.

With respect to the themes,  NONE of the themes that come with 1.2 seem to work. They appear in the drop down box, when selected and changes saved there is no apparent change to the site, the default theme is still showing. However, when I go to log out and hit the back button in the browser the login screen is shown with the new theme. All a bit strange really, is it something to do with the Mahoodle integration that prevents the theme from displaying??

Look forward ot hearing a solution if possible, because I cannot update the theme without making loads of changes to the default css.

Thanks

Kevin

Account deleted

16 February 2010, 16:24

Yes, you're right, it'll be because the instititution theme overrides the site theme.  So if you are a member of a 'moodle' institution and that institution has its theme set to 'default', you'll always see the default theme as soon as Mahara knows which institutions you're in (when you log in).
Account deleted

17 February 2010, 6:58

Ok, tried that to no avail. All institutions have their theme set to Aqua and the theme in Site options is set to Aqua, but still shows the Default theme. All learners and staff are members of the main institution and only two users are members of other institution.

I'm a little confused now!

Account deleted

17 February 2010, 16:59

So am I!  It shouldn't happen.

One thing that's worth checking is that you installed the new code into a clean directory.  If there are any leftover files from 1.1 hanging around (especially if there's an htdocs/theme/default/templates folder) then that's a potential problem.

7 results