Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Installation Probs, blank screen

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

10 January 2009, 16:38

Hello,

can anyone help.  I'm trying to install Mahara on our Linux Server, it's doing nothing. Its a Mysterium or I'm a .......;-)

Server:

Apache/2.2.3 (Debian Etch), mod_rewrite, gzip, jason 1.2.1...etc. , MySQL 5.

PHP/5.2.0-8+etch11

I'copyd the htdocs ( include all files) folder in the webhost and create a datafolder (dataroot).

http://www.mydomain.com

-- data folder

-- mahara folder

-- test folder

I've also changed the config.php file 

#############################

$cfg->dbtype   = 'mysql5';
$cfg->dbhost   = 'localhost';
$cfg->dbport   = '3306';
$cfg->dbname   = 'macgabsql19';
$cfg->dbuser   = 'macgabsql19';
$cfg->dbpass   = 'xxxxxxxxxx';
$cfg->dbprefix = '';

$cfg->wwwroot = 'http://mydomain.com/mahara/';

$cfg->dataroot = '/var/customer/webs/example/example/data/'

permission 777

And now, whenever I visit http://www.mydomain.com/mahara show me a blank screen .

I will be mad

Account deleted

11 January 2009, 20:42

Hi.

Your settings look ok - although you don't need to specify wwwroot, as it's detected automatically in 99% of cases.

Is your install available publically? If you post the URL to it I could have a look at it.

Also, check your apache error log (for your mahara vhost if you're using one) - there may be a useful error message in there.

Account deleted

12 January 2009, 18:17

Hi Nigel,

thanks for your reply.

I'think is a openbaseDir Probs      

apache error logs

### snip #### 

[WAR] 97 (lib/mahara.php:809) is_dir() [function.is-dir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/kunden/webs/macgab/data/sessions/5/6/7) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/kunden/webs/macgab/mac-helpers/:/tmp/)

[Thu Jan 08 14:05:41 2009] [error] [client 85.178.113.230] Call stack (most recent first):

[Thu Jan 08 14:05:41 2009] [error] [client 85.178.113.230]   * log_message("is_dir() [function.is-dir]: open_basedir restricti...", 8, true, true, "/var/kunden/webs/macgab/mac-helpers/lib/mahara.php", 

### end of snip #### 

we changed and tested all openbasedir  Sets/lines/path for the Document/DomainRoot

openbase on/off  ; the SafeMode   on/off

the default sets the DocumentRoot for the domain to a path including a trailing slash, like /var/kunden/webs/macgab/

Now if I enable openbasedir, it appears that many scripts have problems with that trailing slash. 

It seems to happen frequently that scripts try to access the root directory without having the trailing slash, like with these statements:

$path = ".";

$folder = opendir($path);

As a result the script does not work and the following warning gets displayed:

Warning: opendir() [function.opendir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(.) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/kunden/webs/macgab/:/tmp/)

The public Test URL mac-helpers.de  (/mahara)

....puh, very strange test

Account deleted

12 January 2009, 20:12

Yep that definitely looks liek open_basedir. Mahara probably won't run correctly with it turned on, you will have to get it turned off.
Account deleted

16 January 2009, 11:35

.....Unfortunately, no success

open_basedir :  on    and we have tested all paths (also open_basedir)

Results : blank screen   

Account deleted

17 January 2009, 20:17

Are you able to turn open_basedir off, or are you forced to have it on?

If you have access to the php.ini, you should be able to turn it off in there.

6 results