Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Artefact Page & Feedback

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

14 February 2010, 22:23

Hi

We are implementing Mahara with two classes of primary school kids, aged between 6 and 8 years. To help them place feedback into Mahara we have comes up with some HTML template which they can copy and paste from a central wiki into the Place Feedback, Message textarea of work which has been scanned in for them.

The current textarea is too small for them to be able to view the HTML templates easily without scrolling so I would like to increase the size of the textarea. I found the declaration of the textarea in ~\lib\view.php, starting at line 2780. Changing the rows and cols elements of the array works fine in Chrome but it doesn't adjust the size of the textarea displayed on Internet Explorer 7 or 8. I can see in the HTML source of the page, that the updated changes are applied to the textarea tag, but the just don't seem to be having any effect when it renders. I've chased my tail around trying to find a higher level constraint which may be constraining the size of the textarea but can't see anything.

I would appreciate any suggestions to point me in the right direction so that I can increase feedback textarea for users with IE 7 & 8.

Thanks
ReganĀ 

1 result