Forums | Mahara Community

Pedagogy /
Public Views

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

02 February 2009, 15:16

Hi, Heinz!

I have downloaded and installed the latest version of Mahara on eduforge (1.0.9), but I cannot find the Secret URL anywhere.  We prefer an actual invitation where the person must click on a generated link in an email, but perhaps the secret URL would work.  But where is it??

Thanks,

atw

Mary Cooch's profile picture

02 February 2009, 15:51

Perhaps this is only available from the 1.1 version?
Heinz Krettek's profile picture

02 February 2009, 16:29

Hi,

i just tested my different versions ;-)

The secret URL is a Mahara 1.1 feaure. Yo can invite viewers with a url within mail.

cheers

Heinz

Sigi's profile picture

18 January 2009, 13:56

Hi Sharon, I can give you some of my students' views - which are not perfect... and also some of my teacher's views - though all of them are in German.... does that help you?Just let me know ...

Sigi

Account deleted

18 January 2009, 14:36

Hallo Sigi,

That would be very nice.  I am working on some of my own for now, but it  is good to see what others are doing to assist me in "selling" the product.  I can read most German - spent 10 years there although I am rapidly forgetting it....

What age are these students?

Sharon

Account deleted

20 January 2009, 0:01

Please except my apology in advance for this "dumb" question, but how can you make a view available to someone not logged on to your instance of Mahara?

Best,

Scot.

Account deleted

20 January 2009, 1:08

Hi Scot - you first have to allow public Views in your Mahara, by going to the Site Options page in the administration section and turning that setting on. Then, on the View Access page for your Views, you will have an option to make views available to the public.
Account deleted

20 January 2009, 2:37

Thanks Nigel,

Will do.

Thanks for your prompt response.

Best,

Scot.

Account deleted

29 January 2009, 19:43

Sharon, also take a look at the University of Illinois example on the Mahara home page.  Not only is their work creative and intricately linked with the program, it's niftier (is that a word) than what we use at Harvard. 
Account deleted

29 January 2009, 20:04

Thank you all - I have plenty of examples now to carry forward with presenting this to staff.

Sharon