Open Discussion /
Skype call in to Teacher convention in Canada

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

10 February 2010, 23:02

You're added!

Cynds's profile picture

11 February 2010, 2:53

Hi ya Dirk 

Now let me get it straight I skype in at 9pm on the 29th I think you are one day behind. Please correct me if Im wrong. I would rather Skype. Have just downloaded Wave but no expert.

Secondly what would you like me to talk about : My journey with Mahara????? How I implement it in the classroom. Up to you 

Skype Cyndy Lomas, Auckland ,New Zealand 

As you can guess on my site it is a moodly Mahara. No one else uses it at my school. Im addicted and with Nigels help developed my site. 

Look forward to a reply 

Cheers Dirk. Im excited and a little apprehensive , 

11 February 2010, 21:52

Hi Cyndy, sent you an email.

I would like to keep things simple. I would like to ask you to talk about your journey and experiences with Mahara.

How do you use it?

Why do you use it?

What's exciting about Mahara?

How are you involved with Mahara?

What suggestions would you have for a teacher new to eportfolios?

How does Mahara set itself apart from others?

Basically, I would like you to talk about Mahara related that would be useful for a teacher about to start using or thinking about using an eportfolio system. No stress, just some advice and experience sharing with a bunch of teachers.

Thanks so much,

Dirk

I can be found on skype under Dirk Meyer, Airdrie, Alberta, Canada

Cynds's profile picture

14 February 2010, 0:13

Good Questions. The questions people would want to know

Im a day ahead of you so as you say the presentation will be on the 18th a Thursday and I will be talking to you on a Friday. I hope that is right????? Please correct me if I am wrong. I would prefer you skped me. and give the NZ time. Yes Ithink it is 9pm Correct me again

Ta Dirk

This iis really what the new age is about 

14 February 2010, 1:40

Hi Cyndy!

Will skype you. Tuesday ok? Forgot my good mic at work.

13 February 2010, 10:34

Hi Dirk,

I am interested being part of it, if you have still any room for me. Here is my gmail address which is also and Google Wave address.

Hope to see you on there,

Cheers,

Dominique-Alain Jan ([email protected])

19 February 2010, 0:23

What a great event today! Thanks to Cyndy, Heinz and Ian, an audience of about 75 teachers here in Calgary got a taste of global communities. Although at times audio on our end was touch and go, we listened attentively as Ian, Heinz and Cyndy shared some of their experiences with Mahara with us.

After the call, a very lively discussion started.

This was very cool!!

17 results