Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Full of questions

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

04 February 2010, 10:20

Hello All,

I have noticed that when you allow public profiles in the admin section nothing happens. How does a user decide if they want their profile public or private? Or does the allow public profiles make all profiles public by default? I know the small text below this option says that users can choose to show their profile to the public or loggedin users. However I don't see any option where the user can decide this.

Account deleted

13 February 2010, 17:31

Hi there

I've deduce 3 things through trial and error and guess work!

1. The user can select whether their profile is private to 'logged on users' only or 'public' via a button on the displayed profile page (top right - there is a key symbol).
  2. The admin can set profiles to 'public' and this means that users have the option to select (ie. 1 above).
  3. Even when set to 'public' there is no mechanism for anyone 'not logged on' seeing people's public profiles unless they are given the url to their profile.
Account deleted

13 February 2010, 19:27

Uh duh, I have seen that key a thousand times and it never dawn on me until I read your post.  I have hacked the core files but, this sets everyones profile to public by default. So, I guess I will have to add more functions for this to allow people to select who they want to see their profile. Thanks for the reply, back to the developing table I go. LOL.
3 results