Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Problems accessing file in view shared through Secret URL

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

03 February 2010, 5:33

There is a view which is shared through Secret URL. In the view there is a file. When I tried to access the file I'm prompted to enter my user and password. Furthermore when I logged in Mahara the following message apears:

-----

Access Denied

You do not have access to view this page

------

My user also has admin priviliges.

Any idea what may cause the problem?

Mahara 1.2.2, Windows Xp, XAMPP, MySQL 5.0.67 

03 February 2010, 6:31

Hello Georgi,

Check whether you did put begin-end date for viewing your view and also whether there is a comflict with "Overidding start/stop date" in your view.

You can also try to delete all view access, save, leave the view, return to the view and give Secret URL access again.

HTH

Account deleted

03 February 2010, 10:23

Both fields for period are empty.

I register a new user. Made a view with a file. Shared it with Secret URL and again I'm prompted for username and pass when I tried to download the file. Then I removed the access from the view. Save and create new Secret URL. The result is the same.

Georgi

03 February 2010, 6:54

Georgi,

This problem can also arrised if you have submited the view for assessment to the group. Until the view has been assessed it is blocked to avoid editing.

HTH

PS : reading the forum futher down, it seems that you are not the only one with this problem. See http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=1430

Account deleted

15 March 2010, 13:50

I think that the secret URL facility is really not for logged in users.  If you want to make a view accessible for particular logged in users, you should just add them directly in the view access screen.
5 results