Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Question regarding grouptypes

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

01 February 2010, 10:27

Hello all,

I have created another grouptype for the groups on our section. However I have a few question about how the groups work in general. I notice that the different grouptypes use the files from the group directory. We need to add a few functions to the meetup type group that we have added. Do we add these functions in the lib.php for the meetup plugin? Also does anyone have an idea how we can distingush the difference for the two different groups? We added them in the group section so, when members are browsing the groups they are easily found.

If this sounds confusing please let me know and I'll try to explain it a little better.

Account deleted

15 March 2010, 15:58

Hi Allen,

You do want to add new functions to the lib.php for your plugin yes.

As to your other question, you might want to modify the code that prints the group list to include the group type in the name, eg Penny's Group (Open Group) or whatever.

The template to do that is in group/group.tpl but you might have to change quite a few places in code to add the group type into the selected list if it's not there already :(

Account deleted

15 March 2010, 18:33

Hi Penny,

"As to your other question, you might want to modify the code that prints the group list to include the group type in the name, eg Penny's Group (Open Group) or whatever."

That is a brilliant idea and I didn't think about that when working on this plugin. I racked my brain for a few days to find a solution to distinguish the two groups. I tried a few things but, really didn't like the final product. Thanks so, much:)

Cheers

Account deleted

18 March 2010, 22:19

Hi Penny,

I just wanted to share with you what I did concerning this. We like the outcome and couldn't be better.

The groups listed here are just for example purposes.

4 results