Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
cannot find error.php

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

21 January 2010, 17:57

I have just installed mahara 1.2 (downloaded from mahara.org), mysql, linux. i followed all the directions in the wiki.

When I try to bring up the site I am getting the error:

Warning: require(../htdocs/errors.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.lucidor/dhalsiglam/alphasigmalambda.org/htdocs/init.php on line 48

Warning: require(../htdocs/errors.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.lucidor/dhalsiglam/alphasigmalambda.org/htdocs/init.php on line 48

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../htdocs/errors.php' (include_path='/home/.lucidor/dhalsiglam/alphasigmalambda.org/htdocs/lib/:/home/.lucidor/dhalsiglam/alphasigmalambda.org/htdocs/lib/pear/:.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/.lucidor/dhalsiglam/alphasigmalambda.org/htdocs/init.php on line 48

The instructions say "you should now be able to navigate to the Mahara installation using your web browser." I think I am not finding the right place to go. Do I just go to the directory root or is there a certain path I should use.

I had changed my file name to "mahara" but then changed it back to "htdocs" to see if this fixed the problem.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Christy

Extra info that might help... I checked my php and mysql info to make sure they were right. http://www.alphasigmalambda.org/phpinfo.php

Here is my config file with un/pw removed:

$cfg = new StdClass;

$cfg->dbtype   = 'mysql5';
$cfg->dbhost   = 'mysql.alphasigmalambda.org';
$cfg->dbport   = null;
$cfg->dbname   = 'aslmahara';
$cfg->dbuser   = ' ';
$cfg->dbpass   = ' ';

$cfg->dbprefix = '';

$cfg->dataroot = '/home/.lucidor/dhalsiglam/alphasigmalambda.org/maharadata';

Account deleted

22 January 2010, 1:14

Hello,

I took a look at you site with the htdocs directory and I received the following errors:

[ENV] 39 Not installed! Please create config.php from config-dist.php
Call stack (most recent first):
  • log_message("Not installed! Please create config.php from confi...", 1, true, true) at /home/.lucidor/dhalsiglam/alphasigmalambda.org/htdocs/lib/errors.php:123
  • log_environ("Not installed! Please create config.php from confi...") at /home/.lucidor/dhalsiglam/alphasigmalambda.org/htdocs/init.php:53
  • require("/home/.lucidor/dhalsiglam/alphasigmalambda.org/htd...") at /home/.lucidor/dhalsiglam/alphasigmalambda.org/htdocs/index.php:32

It looks like to me that the config file wasn't installed. However I am not sure of a few things here. Did you install it with mahara directory or a htdocs directory? Also check your database to see if the tables were installed as well. When I first installed mahara something had caused the software not to install properly. So, I just uninstalled and reinstalled the software. 

For me it's kind of hard to jugde the errors without seeing what you have for files and directory. I hope this has helped you out a little.

Cheers:)
Account deleted

22 January 2010, 1:18

If it wasn't installed properly I would be willing and happy to install it for you. 
Account deleted

22 January 2010, 14:47

I think I found the problem, I used Dreeamweaver and I changed the server name through the FTP module there, it seemed to update some of the files with a new path. I uninstalled everything and reinstalled last night. You must have checked it after my reinstall as I had not gotten to changing the config file yet. Am doing that right now and hopefully that fixes the problem! Thanks!
Account deleted

22 January 2010, 14:50

Yes, this solved my issue.
5 results